Best site to buy headers?

jroc99

I picked up a set of R6 headers from an 02 or 03
I paid $50, so ya that's the going price. Mine came off a race bike that was crashed.

jroc99

Jroc99, how was your fitment? Do the headers contact anything?
Fitment isn't bad, except is does hit the front side of the oil pan. I will have some videos soon.
I haven't bashed the headers or anything yet, so pretty sure I can clear the oil pan.
And right now with it bolted up, and no muffler, it sounds like a BEAST !

Last edited:

Bigj11

Sweet! I'm so close to pulling the trigger. I just wanted to see how close to the pan they were and how much beating would be required. Do you think you could wrap the headers in some heat wrap and leave it against the oil pan or will you need to bang on it to make it work?

jroc99

Sweet! I'm so close to pulling the trigger. I just wanted to see how close to the pan they were and how much beating would be required. Do you think you could wrap the headers in some heat wrap and leave it against the oil pan or will you need to bang on it to make it work?
You could heat wrap them, but because it's right up tight to the oil pan, I'm worried about the extra pressure it's putting on the mounting bolt's at the engine.
Adding heat wrap might apply more pressure.

Also two different metals touching is not a good thing, stainless steel vs aluminum. Eventually something will corrode.

I'm going to an exhaust shop tomorrow to see if they can just tweak the pipes a degree or 2. I think after that it will clear.
Also the rear mounting, I might have to make some kind of custom bracket. The holes don't line up real well at the back.
But instead of paying $1200+ Canadian or more for a full Two Brothers, if I can get this done at half cost. I'm happy.

NUISANCE

I just took a ballpean hammer to my R6 headers for them to clear the oil pan.

I'm not sure what your final plan is but after than I bought a GYTR slip on (can be found on ebay for around $220) then had both the GYTR and headers ceramic coated black so they matched. When it was all said and done I had a total of under $400 in my setup.

jfruauff

Did you need a power commander for your setup? I wanna do something with this stock exhaust but dont have cash to drop on a PC right now.

tdnathens

(jfruaff) You can open up your stock exhaust and remove the catalytic converter. This removes a lot of back pressure, adds good exhaust note, and greatly lowers head and header temperature. It adds performance, how much is debated. A PC is not required for this mod. Installing block off plates along with this mod will cost $25.00 to $75.00 depending on how much you do your self, and keeps your stock exhaust.
Tom

jfruauff

Thanks Ill look into that. I drilled a few holes today and it helped a bit. Might just bite bullet and get delkevic