Bent forks, likelihood of frame damage?

Euroklydon

So I was in an accident late last year. I called to start ordering parts and the technician said the frame could have tweaked since it bent the forks.
I looked the bike pretty closely over the past months and it's not obvious but it could still be damaged obviously. I went down around 70mph and the bike slid 30ish feet into a median. The way the bike ended up it looks like it hit the front wheel, fork bent and it kinda bounced off and slid more.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Was pretty excited to get stuff going but now I'm at work and panicking because I can't take my bike in until next week to check it out :(

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Its steel frame stands a good chance of being structurally intact but that doesn't mean it is aligned to specification as ot could be twisted or have other anomalies.

The fact that it did a lot of sliding is good thing Kdumps energy) but I would be stripping the tank and everything around the stem looking for paint chipped at welds. Sometimes flex will lift paint but not always.

Good luck...