Bee in my damn riding jacket!

MNDZA

So I'm out riding today and after an hour or so I decide to put some gas. As I'm filling up my bike, I see a bee come right past my face (I'm wearing a helmet and had my visor open). I quickly close my visor to make sure the little ******* didn't get to my face and look around, but couldn't find him. So I'm done filling up and go back to riding. About an hour and a half later, I feel this sharp pain on my stomach. I quickly assumed it was some kind of bug...maybe a bee...but how the hell can it get over there? So I start punching myself in the stomach while still riding some nice little curves I found (must have looked like an idiot). I get home about a half hour later and take off my jacket to find the little ********** bee still alive and on my shirt I was wearing....needless to say, he was subsequently destroyed. Now I have a nice red bump/rash on my belly. Anyone ever deal with this crap before or even get one in your helmet?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Luckily I have never had a bee or other stinging insect in my helmet. However, I have had other little bugs get in there. It's not so bad when they are crawling on the visor, but when they start crawling on your face, tickling your nose and making you keep your eyes closed, then they get annoying.

Howdy! Unfortunate, but hilarious! I would love to see that while you were driving! AHAHHAHA!

mfischler

Elite Member

shreveport1

Had a bumble bee go up my shorts at 60mph.......neeedless to say I ride in pants now....:D

Senaca

Had a bumble bee go up my shorts at 60mph.......neeedless to say I ride in pants now....:D
:eek:

One of my colleagues I rode with a few years ago didn't wear a full face... we went through this one patch of the most dense misquitos I have ever encountered. It was a nightmare for him... not pretty. I had bug guts and blood all over my helmet and bike.

Funkmaxtor

Same thing happened to me today. I got a wasp in the top of my jacket. Stung me on my collar bone. Hurt like heck!

O-turn

Partier
Havent had this happen yet, and hope I dont have to deal with it!

RZ350 Rider

I got a Yellow Jacket in my helmet while riding my RZ one day. I had the visor clicked open a smidge. As I was riding with no hands going down the hill while grabbing the helmet and moving it around on my head to get him out, which was tough because I like the strap tight, OF COURSE, a cop comes the other way. In the insuing traffic stop, he laughed his ass off at me when he found out what all the gymnastics were really for. No ticket was written. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem, in that Yellow Jackets are drawn to my Competition Yellow RZ350 like flies to honey. My Cadmium Yellow FZ6R has the same thing happen. Every time I park.

area

I haven't had this happen to me...yet (knock on wood) however riding last night I saw the biggest bug come flying out of the side and nail my right fairing.

Biggest thump ever.

xplodnstar

Yesterday I had a giant Japanese Beetle fly at me. I swerved my head so I would get gut all over my face shield, and ended up hitting the pot hole I was originally trying to avoid.

Not as scary or annoying as the bee, but I felt left out. :)

MNDZA

I haven't had this happen to me...yet (knock on wood) however riding last night I saw the biggest bug come flying out of the side and nail my right fairing.

Biggest thump ever.
The big bugs are scary. And by the time you realize it's there, it's too late to do anything about it and BAM! I had a really big bug hit my chest and I actually felt a little bit of pain. That's with a leather riding jacket. I can't imagine getting hit by one of those wearing a t-shirt. Or maybe in the face with no helmet.

Bigevildoer

Can't say I've had any stinging insects in my gear yet...
But, I was riding along at about 110km/h in the country when I had what must have been 3 GIGANTIC june bugs go pinging off my helmet in a span of a second... absolute mess across my visor - had to stop and clean it 'cause I couldn't see a thing except bug guts... :p

cbzdel

I had a bee or a fly or some kind of flying insect inside my helmet today.. Its about 100* (yeah in WA the rain state hah!) here so I have been riding with my FF helmet all the way open for max airflow.. I do have riding sunglasses to protect my eyes...

Anyways I was going about 25-35 and something hit me in the face, and then it started to crawl around my face!! I pulled over and ripped off my helmet and whatever it was flew away ahah!

Verranth

The other night I was out riding and a huge moth came at me. I slowed down as much as I could, and swerved a little. There wasnt much reaction time. It ended all over my left shoulder. When I got home, i had to wash my jacket and clean up all that nasty stuff moths drop; not to mention all the guts...

Over all, not nearly as bad as any stinging insects. =)

demon408

Biggest thump ever.
pretty much the same for me the thud and splat on the face mask. glad its only there

Comiha22

Definitely had a bird fly out of a hedgerow and nail me in the left shoulder over the weekend. Made me quite happy about the decision to ride in my jacket. I must say I do not believe the bird made it.