Bar adjustment

M

M3Sharif

Has anyone tried adjusting the bar to the "far" position themselves? The User manual doesn't say how to do this.

I unbolted the clamps that hold the bar to the fork tree but couldn't get it fully off (cables were stretched to limits) and couldn't get the clamps open to release the bar.

If I could haveve gotten the clamps open all I'd need to do is rotate them 180 degrees put the bar back in and re-bolt.

MNDZA

I asked this question here

MNDZA

If you can, please take pics after you adjust it. I really want to see how much difference the optional position makes.

M

M3Sharif

If you can, please take pics after you adjust it. I really want to see how much difference the optional position makes.
Haven't gotten around to trying it yet but can't imagine it would make much of a visual difference. If I ever do make the switch I'll take some pics.

Those Allen Bolt sure are on there tight. Couldn't get them loose with the little dinky Allen wrench in the tool bag. Gonna need a bit more leverage on em :thumbup:

SLAMF

Ok so you guys had me curious about the different handlebar position, because I too like an aggresive look. It was very simple. Total time about 15 minutes. I used an allen wrench with an extension bar from a ratchet to get more torque. I also flipped up the bars just a bit. It does make somewhat of a difference but not a whole lot, though I will keep it like this. I also did adjust the controls cause I don't like reaching down for them although you don't have to do this.

Attachments

M

M3Sharif

Ok so you guys had me curious about the different handlebar position, because I too like an aggresive look. It was very simple. Total time about 15 minutes. I used an allen wrench with an extension bar from a ratchet to get more torque. I also flipped up the bars just a bit. It does make somewhat of a difference but not a whole lot, though I will keep it like this. I also did adjust the controls cause I don't like reaching down for them although you don't have to do this.
Thanks for the info. I haven't tried it yet but had my doubts it would make much of a difference.

On another note are those wheel stripes you got or powder coat? It looks really good with our color bike :rockon:

SLAMF

Thanks for the info. I haven't tried it yet but had my doubts it would make much of a difference.

On another note are those wheel stripes you got or powder coat? It looks really good with our color bike :rockon:
They are vinyl stripes bro. Got em on EBAY for $7 total. Come in 4 sections pre curved so you don't need to remove the wheel. I think it does make the wheels pop.

PVD_FZ6R

I moved them forward for a few days but ended up going back to the stock position.

A few things I noticed:
- caused even less rear visibility in the mirrors - arms were more in the way.
- harder to balance the bike at stops (I'm sure that would have come over time).

I'll take comfort over a slight gain in aggressive styling but to each their own.

Comiha22

They are vinyl stripes bro. Got em on EBAY for $7 total. Come in 4 sections pre curved so you don't need to remove the wheel. I think it does make the wheels pop.
SLAMF - Agree with M3, the wheel stripes look great. I'm definitely looking to pick some up, and would like to make sure it's the right product.

Any chance you could find the ebay link for us?

PS - Sorry for straying off-topic.

SLAMF

SLAMF - Agree with M3, the wheel stripes look great. I'm definitely looking to pick some up, and would like to make sure it's the right product.

Any chance you could find the ebay link for us?

PS - Sorry for straying off-topic.
Here you go Comiha Non-reflective- Wheel Stripes Fits Yamaha YZF-R6S FZ6R FZ1 FZ6 YZF-R6:eBay Motors (item 200262978127 end time Jul-09-09 13:26:26 PDT)

reflective- Reflective Wheel Stripes fits Yamaha YZF-R6S FZ6R FZ6:eBay Motors (item 200262978511 end time Jul-09-09 13:27:32 PDT)

Comiha22

SLAMF - Awesome, appreciate the info. I had actually emailed Graphic Language last night asking if they could send me some shots of the different colors.

Problem solved.

stroke

yea i got the same things they make a world of difference especially the blue :rockon::rockon:

J

jmerch44

I rotated mine backwards and I love it. Mine does touch the tank and I can no longer use the fork lock, but I fell in love with the new riding position. I had to learn how to keep my weight of the bars but when I did the pain went away. I adjusted them right around the time I started practicing wheelies, and noticed that it just felt way more comfortable to do with the bars lower. I know most wont agree with the wheelies, no use of fork lock, bars touching tank, and hurt wrist, but I'm a different kind of person. Just putting it out there.

SLAMF

Yeah man I feel the same way you do. I don't even use my fork locks anyway. My bars don't touch my tank though. Must have different adjustments on the bars themselves. I would love to attempt some wheelies but I'm too much of a puss right now cause I just put on my new tank and fairing after laying it down on gravel. I don't think getting the wheel up would be bad just trying to keep the throttle steady to keep it up.