bad turn signals II ( videos)

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

I wouldn't do a load resistor personally, they kind of defeat the entire point in doing an LED conversion.

If you want to do things the right way you just need to replace the flasher relay with one that is meant for LEDs. I remember a couple posts on this forum with some links to cheap ones that would solve your issue for you. It would just require some clever searching. I'd help you out but it's 0600 and I'm just now going to bed.

Riccochet

I wouldn't do a load resistor personally, they kind of defeat the entire point in doing an LED conversion.

If you want to do things the right way you just need to replace the flasher relay with one that is meant for LEDs. I remember a couple posts on this forum with some links to cheap ones that would solve your issue for you. It would just require some clever searching. I'd help you out but it's 0600 and I'm just now going to bed.
Like this?

Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 FJR1300 Seca 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay | eBay

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

Winner winner chicken dinner...

OOOOHHHHH I like that, they have a couple nice options there... Also they seem to be the original manufacturer for the brake like flasher that I'm installing in my 3rd brake light for my car:
Brake Light Flasher Modulator - Universal Magic Strobes Motorcycle Brake Flasher
do you really think if i slow them down you will be able to see them any better?
It certainly would help....

But if you want them to be able to be seen all the more you need a couple things. First off, they need to be a little farther away from your tail light, second they need to be at least double the brightness of what they are.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

well to get them farther away would take some work and brighter id just have to get better signals....i want rizhomas but they are too pricey same with that programable relay id love it but for 50 coins its a little steep right now
well, start saving and get the cash then buy the parts you want. Once you get the right parts send me your old turn signals and I'll see if I can beef them up and sell them off for you.

Other than that.... IDK what to tell you.

lwclancers

Jon, the flasher relay is under your seat, pop the stock one out, plug this one in. I got mine for $25, slows down the flash to normal rate.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member