Bad cage! Go back to your crate!

c'mon wheres that post at about the drag race and where our fz6r fits in wasnt it as fast or faster than a corvette? thats what 107k? 100k more than a brand new fz6r?

A Z06 is only about 60k. ZR1 is about 120k. However i'm sorry to tell you the 6R is slower in the 1/4 then a Z06.

FZ6R = 12.26
Z06 = 11.97
ZR1 = 10.89

lol i couldn't remember i just remember reading the post comparing a bunch of cars XD

honest to god my dream car is a 1997 nissan skyline gtr r32.... that things the ultimate sleeper... it looks just like a sentra lol

I'm a big fan of the R34 myself.

However my dream car is a Lexus LFA. I just love the look of that car, I have no idea why, but it just calls to me :D

The FZ6R is no slouch on the drag strip.....

The ZR1 and Viper can beat it but the Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers are slower. Someone will have to spend the big bucks to get 4 wheels down the 1/4 mile strip faster than the Yami....

Quarter-mile: approximate
Triumph Daytona 955i, 10.61 sec.
Yamaha FZ6R, 12.26 sec
Yamaha YZF R6, 11.65 sec
Yamaha R1, 10.928 sec

Dodge Viper GTS 4.1, 10.88 sec
Corvette ZR1, 11.2 sec
Camaro SS, 13.4

The FZ6R is no slouch on the drag strip.....

The ZR1 and Viper can beat it but the Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers are slower. Someone will have to spend the big bucks to get 4 wheels down the 1/4 mile strip faster than the Yami....

Quarter-mile: approximate
Triumph Daytona 955i, 10.61 sec.
Yamaha FZ6R, 12.26 sec
Yamaha YZF R6, 11.65 sec
Yamaha R1, 10.928 sec

Dodge Viper GTS 4.1, 10.88 sec
Corvette ZR1, 11.2 sec
Camaro SS, 13.4

You have to spend more on cars because there is alot more there. A bike is a little bit of plastic, a motor, a frame, and some tires. A car is a ton of metal, a motor, frame, wheels and tires, etc etc.

I can spend 80k on a car and get spanked by a 20k bike yeah, but I can do it in a car with a roll cage, and other metal surrounding's. People in cars pay for the safety factor, us guys on bikes are the ones who don't give a shit about that we just wanna be the fastest :cool:

BTW, newer mustangs, camaro's and chargers are bullshit. They are just overweight pigs with a motor in it. The 5.0 Mustang is quick, but still nothing compared to what it should be.

Basically what i'm saying is, don't bash on the cars just because they pay a little more to be just as fast or faster then us, they do it because they feel better doing it in the car then on a bike. Not everybody is exhillarated by twisting there right hand around.

Last edited:
I agree with Spunky. These people are thinking…I pay taxes for this here road…so its mine. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let you young whipper snappers ride you're damn motor scooters around these here parts like your pants is on fire. Spituee, ding!:rant:

I resemble that last remark...I'll be 58 next week....LOL....and I ride a crotch rocket....

In corners you'll find that cars will outperform bikes. Folk have raced things like the bmw s1000rr against sports cars around a track against each other.

4 brakes are better than 2, 4 tyres give more traction than 2...

Only thing bikes have going for them are the acceleration times out of a corner.

Granted cost for cost, the bike will be faster, but bust budgets and around a track a car will own bikes. :)

Heck even the y2k bike is only capable of 250ish mph on a straight line and that thing weighs a ton, and would be shite on a corner.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Back