Back to riding ...

jocampo

Bought a Bonneville SE today ... :)

Damm, feels so good riding again!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII via Tapatalk.

jocampo

Yeah, yeah, I know, pictures.

I will, tomorrow. It's dark already. I'll visit a Starbucks tomorrow and take a few, lol ...

So excited ...

jocampo

A few pics

Two initial pictures, inside garage. I know those are not the best .... :) ... but outside and nicer ones coming soon...

PS: Was also testing my brand new 35mm f 2.0 Canon lense. Perfect for indoor / no flash pictures. :D ... Sold the SIGMA 30mm I had before, too soft ...

Attachments

Last edited:

BoneJj

Two initial pictures, inside garage. I know those are not the best .... :) ... but outside and nicer ones coming soon...

PS: Was also testing my brand new 35mm f 2.0 Canon lense. Perfect for indoor / no flash pictures. :D ... Sold the SIGMA 30mm I had before, too soft ...
very nice man! I wouldn't mind having one of those in my collection a few years down the road.

Also nice lens grab. I also had the sigma 30 and didn't like it. I sold it and got a 50mm it's so much sharper and performs far better. I would like to get the 35 one day but I also like the 28mm as well. I have a laundry list of lenses that I want to get.

I really want to get rid of my 70-300 and get the L version....

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Crpngdth

congrats man, welcome back to the open road. those bikes have such a timeless look. reminds me of when i was 17 (in 1990), i bought an old 68 yamaha for $50, got her runnin and ran her all over the farm we lived on at the time. i didnt have the time or money to get her road reliable but sure had fun running around the fields like a lunatic with her.

jocampo

Sweet! I'd like to talk my wife into getting one of those, but she wants a Ninja 300. Both are nice bikes, but there's just something about a Bonnie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Gonna be 100% honest!

Tried the Street Triple again, same color, just different dealer; was the last one in the floor. But I had horrible flashbacks of my accident. I know that's something that will disappear with time, but DID NOT FEEL that with the Bonnie. I also noticed (very obvious, of course) my arms and back were more relaxed.

Totally different bikes, so I am not going to compare, it would be stupid! But I am extremely happy that I am riding again. That I am blessed I can afford another bike, and that I have no serious injuries after the accident.

I can't describe with words how happy I felt when I rode going back home...

Riding is one of the most exciting and beautiful experiences in life! ...

jocampo

got a 50mm it's so much sharper and performs far better.
True!

My favorite Canon lens, and it is so cheap! No one can't believe the price when I mention it.

But the 35mm gives me more "room" for indoor pictures, especially when I do not have lot of space to walk back and capture the whole scene.

BoneJj

True!

My favorite Canon lens, and it is so cheap! No one can't believe the price when I mention it.

But the 35mm gives me more "room" for indoor pictures, especially when I do not have lot of space to walk back and capture the whole scene.
I actually have the 50 1.4, not the 1.8.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

jocampo

Re-learning shifting techniques.

Power curve and gear ratios are totally different than Street Triple or my previous fz6r. Not talking about power only, but gear ratios.

Found myself without enough power band on 2nd while taking a U turn ramp to the highway. The Bonnie requires 1st. I couldn't do that with any if the other sportbikes, 1st was too high , mainly for rolling the bike from a full stop.