Back tire slipping

Getlow4OG

Keep in mind that I'm still a novice rider and positive that I don't ride with such the greatest techniques. As the title says my back tire has been tending to float out on me in the turns. Guessing it might be the way I ride, or could it be the type of roads I ride on (back roads in the country) maybe possibly my tire itself...
Any ideas guys? Willing to learn from the guru's lol

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Getlow4OG

Tire pressure is at 28 pounds...seems low. It is a Dunlop Sportmax, came on the bike when I bought it
Here is a pic of the tire let me know if you need anymore

Attachments

BKP

28lbs.?

Spec for the rear tire is 36lbs! You're WAAAYYYY under-spec, dude... pump it up!

I'll bet that tire is heating up like Atlanta asphalt in August... Slightly lower pressure (1 or 2 PSI below spec), will give you a little extra traction (and a little less turn-in speed), however, that low will cause overheating of the tire, and traction begins to disappear...

Last edited:

Getlow4OG

Texas roads get a tad warm lol and your right on the tire pressure it is way low. Definitely acting like a rookie on this one lol

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Getlow4OG

No it's bone stock, can't say it has always done this but did it enough to make me stand it up some in a corner the other day

12fz6rblack

Sometimes I have noticed that too but it seems to me that it happens when I lean on roads that have been sloppily fixed with that liquid tar to cover up the cracks in the road.. Just a theory of mine that could be totally wrong though

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Getlow4OG

Thanks for the help guys! Just gave her a shot of air and off to take it for a spin. I will be back to let y'all know how it feels

BKP

Love those tar snakes... they're rampant down here... slick as oil when they get wet in the cold weather... slicker than oil when they soften in the sun... Worse than wet leaves...

*Very* motorcycle unfriendly...

Getlow4OG

Just got back from my ride. Felt a lot better! There is a funky corner on this one route to my favorite turn I love to ride, took it with less throttle and felt like a charm. Thanks for all the help guys

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Getlow4OG

I'll be sure to keep a eye on it more often, luckily where I live I'm able to ride year round. Thanks again for all the info guy, still learning the tricks of the trades