Aw, !@#$

e.blackadder

Feel like such a lame twerp today. My driveway is inclined and after all the wet season it is covered in slippery mildew. I usually roll the bike down to the street which is level and crank it up there. For whatever stupid reason I only rolled it half way down the driveway and put it sideways. Cranked it up, put my gear on, lifted it off the side stand and lost the footing on the downhill side and just laid it down.

My riding boots have very little traction as it is and it just stopped raining, so it was extremely slick. The bike laid down the incline and I couldn’t even get the traction to lift it up. I tried and tried and couldn’t. My boots kept sliding down the incline. In the end my very unhappy, petite (5’4”, 98lb) wife came out with her big, fluffy slippers to help me lift it. Neighbor was having a garage sale, so a bunch of people wandering around and looking at a little girl helping me lift the bike.

I was still in neutral and tried hard to stop the lean so the bike went down quite slowly and suffered only minor rash on the bar end, brake lever and the turn signal. Turn signal popped out of the fairing and I was able to push it back in. Foot brake got bent, and looks off but is now more somehow comfortable. I guess nothing to replace, but my pride took a very, very hard kick in the nuts. Haven’t dropped a bike in years.

Incidentally, a few years ago I decided against V-Strom because I thought that I wouldn’t be able to flat-foot it on my driveway. That’ll learn me!

24KMACH

Sorry to hear of your problem. Only one of my bikes over the years has flopped. I went to visit a friend and parked my 1983 Honda 750K on its stand. The parking place had a more than slight incline.:( I did not feel good about it. As I was walking to the house I turned around just as it was going over.:spank:

Sorry to hear of your problem. Only one of my bikes over the years has flopped. I went to visit a friend and parked my 1983 Honda 750K on its stand. The parking place had a more than slight incline.:( I did not feel good about it. As I was walking to the house I turned around just as it was going over.:spank:
this is my worst fear at my parents house their street is highly rounded. like hugely rounded... and there is just no way to get the bike where i want it and feel safe so i drive it up onto the sidewalk in front of the house and park it there lol and just keep an eye on it.

Detrich

aw, that sucks... :( sorry to hear about the slight mishap. but, if it makes you feel any better, we've all done it at one point or another. (i know i have... lol.) so, it's nothing to be ashamed about. just part of motorcycling. great to hear the damage was minimal.

DragonBlu

Happens to all of us. New bikes or old bikes the darn things just won't stand up by themselves. I did the slow down in my front lawn getting off mine. Didn't hurt anything but my ego. Nobody around to see it but I was still embarrassed.:rant:

CDN6R

Yes it is true,we will all drop our bikes at some point. I have droped mine,,,,,yet but when it happens I will probably say more than "Aw $#^&^!"

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member