anyone take their yamaha badges off the tank?

mchury

if you did what did you use to do this?

MikeN02

Exactly, I love repping Yamaha.

Went to Daytona bike week and honestly, the Kawasaki clothing were better than Yamaha... I couldn't find any Yamaha that I liked.

I wanted a Black shirt with Yamaha in blue letters, plain and simple but they didn't have it.

JSP

Super Moderator
I took mine off and think it looks great without them! They are a pain in the rear though. You pull the coin logo off and it leaves a felt like residue on the tank. I just used duct tape to take it off. It takes a while but it will eventually pull it all up. I think Dart actually made a video of himself doing it on his bike.

Here is what mine looks like all stripped as its the same color of yours, so you can judge if you like it or not.

Last edited:

mchury

Why? Best logo of all the bikes!
oh i love yamaha thats why i left the yamaha sticker on the bottom. I just want that stripped down look.

mchury

why take off all the stickers, and leave the two on the swingarm.
didnt get that far yet. After i got the stars off i wanted to go show it off. lol

JSP

Super Moderator
didnt get that far yet. After i got the stars off i wanted to go show it off. lol
:D I still havent got around to getting them off on mine either. I will do it soon though. Got lazy after all the work taking the other ones off! I still have my VA sticker on my swingarm :( Think I may just go out to the garage and do it now... haha

Last edited:

mchury

haha yea im gonna get around to it sooner or later

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

mchury

yea i did notice that but i figured the shop where i bought the bike should know all that info anyway

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

arkkornkid

I've debadged several vehicle and trust me, the easiest way you're going to find to taking those off is to use some fishing line (I've also heard of using dental floss) and pull it back and forth in a sawing motion to cut through the thick adhesive.

Best thing I've used to remove the glue is zippo lighter fluid: soak a section of a rag with it hold it on the glue and either twist or move in a circular motion and the stuff will start disolving and come off fairly easy. Then wash and wax that section to protect it.