Anyone know where a guy can find the star decal off the yellow 2009 FZ6R's?

Grizzly1200

Like i said above i'm looking to replace the decals on my new 2009 Pearl White FZ. I'm not a fan of the girly pink tribal graphics (no offense to anyone who likes them) and replace them with the star graphic from the 09 Yellow FZ. Besides replacing the entire fairing i cannot for the life of me find replacement decals, besides LG1 designs, Motocross Graphics, Jet Ski Graphics, Sportbike Graphics, Motocross Number Plates, Jet Ski Number Plates, Motocross Jersey Numbers, and all your racing needs. If anybody knows where i can find the original or aftermarket yamaha star decal please let me know.

Ugh please dont do that to your bike. Just take decals off and leave it plain or put a laguna seca stripe or racing stripe on it or something of that nature. Those stars on the yellow bike are tacky lookin man. The yellow bikes are good lookin once those graphics are taken off. Sorry i know that doesnt help you. Just my opinion.

:confused:Hello my real name is Adam.

The graphics on your tank are also under the clear coat. So you cannot just take those off. Need a solid sticker/tank grip pad or something to cover those. Or sand, pull them, clear coat again.

Take it to a local decal shop. They can print out whatever you want. They can also help you decide on a look. You can do a lot with a black and white bike!

The graphics on your tank are also under the clear coat. So you cannot just take those off. Need a solid sticker/tank grip pad or something to cover those. Or sand, pull them, clear coat again.

I agree here. Put tank grip pads on the side of the tank to cover them up. They are easily removable and do not damage the paint. Techspecs would look awesome on the sides of the tank.

And as mentioned a few posts up, if you are dead set on the star graphics, bike bandit has a good selection of oem replacement parts. I ordered extra set of graphics from them for my 'winter project'. Fast too.

We ordered the OEM replacement side decal for our 2012 Raven from Yamaha Sports Plaza in Oregon because they offer a 30% discount on OEM stuff.
Yamaha Accessories : Yamaha OEM Parts : Yamaha USA

Took a week or so to get it and shipping was like 12 bucks but it was the right one and she looks like new again.

I did have to do some investigating on my own to get our EXACT model number for the 2012 Raven off my Yamaha paperwork so I could lookup the decal in their parts finder.

Well thanks for the input everyone, I still haven't yet figured out what i want to do with the bike. The only thing that's for sure is the girly pink tribals gotta go. I really cant decide on anything else that would look good on the bike. I really like the white but i'm debating replacing all the plastics because the tank's gotta come off to get those clear-coated over stickers off. Still looking for more opinions on sticker combos that would look good, or places i can find stickers besides LG1.

kevin8198 did a nice job of hiding his girly pink flames with a homemade vinyl tank cover and even has a template available for you do-it-yourselfers.
Checkout this thread for pics: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/white-fz6r-tank-graphics-template-22013/

Id follow this guy, or the guy he linked. Considered doing it myself but im gunna go this route.
LG1 designs, Motocross Graphics, Jet Ski Graphics, Sportbike Graphics, Motocross Number Plates, Jet Ski Number Plates, Motocross Jersey Numbers, and all your racing needs

tank vinyl

Hey, I noticed how yous mentioned about getting the tank pads to cover up the vinyl on the tank, I have a 2012 model in black. All the tank pads that I have seen seem like the wouldnt cover up the whole vinyl. Any suggestions?

Kneedraggers.com has the same stickers for cheaper.

Bender> u can order blank sheets and then cut your own shape to cover up the graphics.

www.techspec-usa.com

Last edited:

Back