Any Skydivers Out There??

FastFreddy

Lucky they had their parachutes on.

I thought no fuel injection, no water cooling and leaky engines were bad enough for planes.

Not the place to get blase in all of ones knowledge and qualifications.
The eyes, ears and brain must remain alert.

What were they thinking, they already knew they were in close proximity. Very stupid.

FastFreddy

Pilots don't normally have parachutes, so I'm wondering what the story is for the plane that lost the wing ? I can't imagine a plane landing with one wing, so what was the rest of the story ?

If they did have parachutes on, its very ironic to prepare to that level, then commit such a basic error whilst knowing 2 planes were in close proximity.

ylwf3vr

Airborne!!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

danieljardim

I was a "sport jumper" for about 17 years, logged just over 600 jumps out of various aircraft, even made a few BASE jumps. I had to "hang up" my rig as my body (knees and back) started to give me problems.

I jumped out of a lot of different aircraft and the Cessna pilots all wore "bail out" rigs with round parachutes in them. 182's, 180's, 185's, 206's... I think there is some rule about the size of the plane as a requirement for a bail out system. When I jumped anything larger, like a Queen Air, King Air, Twin Otter, Casa, Caravan; the pilot did not have a bail out rig.

I still have my parachute system and hope to jump again once I completely retire, hopefully by then my body will be up to it.

My good ole' Talon T-5...
View attachment 31607 View attachment 31608
skydiving and bungee jumping are in my bucket list. But my weight right now doesn't let me do it. But finally I'm working on getting it down.

By the way, what is the max weight for sky diving?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
I always wanted to be solo certified. It costs a lot though, a luxury I can't quite afford yet. Glad they all made it out alive.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member