Any idea why?

Frinksbonkers

I set off quickly today on the bike in my car park and the tyre slipped abit (didn't notice at the time until i turned back, i had left a faint black line) but as i had set off the engine light flashed?? its 3 month old bike so i don't know if there may be a fault with it?

I i know that my scooter (Yamaha Cygnus X) used to indicate a fault if it noticed that there was more speed in the back wheel than the front - something to do with revs vs speed, and i now have ABS on my XJ6 so i wonder if that was the reason?

JSP

Super Moderator
Engine light or oil light? Check your oil level. Upright, dipstick out and back in (do not thread it in).

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
If you've got ABS, you might have other indicators than what we here in the US have on the plain old FZ6R. Try repeating the wheel slip on wet or sandy pavement, or on smooth concrete like many car parks. See if A) the light comes on again, B) you can tell what indicator it is.
Good idea. Did not catch the ABS system. Not sure how that works on them. If like you said the light may come on when the tire slips?

Check your user manual as well, may state something in there about it.

Frinksbonkers

Found out what it was, i put the bike on its paddock stand and put it into gear, once the bike wheel got to around 15kph the ABS light went mad!!! obviously something to do with the sensors and the ECU thinking its not working.