Any computer geeks here?

cbzdel

So me and the wifey had to go to a computer supply sore to get a new power supply for our computer. While we were there I was showing her parts and explain what they did, and she got really intersted and started to look at the cases and picked one out and thought it would be a fun thing to build. I didn't complain because we need a new computer. :)

She picked out a Home Theater PC case, which is what I have been wanting to have!

Newegg.com - Athenatech Black Aluminum / Steel Evo A3701BB.500 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case - HTPC / Media Center Cases

I just bought an internal card reader to go in the 3.5" bay for $3 shipped on ebay. And I am looking at Blu-Ray burners right now.. Then I want 2 gig ram minimum, 1TB hard drive minimum, and 2.5 Ghz minimum. Then I will use the integrated sound and video just to get me started. I have a $350 budget for the MoBo, Processor, Ram, PSU, and HD.. Which it looks like I can get some good stuff (according to reviews) I just have to decide between Intel or AMD

But here is my question... WHY did they give me (2) drive bays?? If I get a BluRay burner, I will have no need for anything else.. So WHY do I need a second drive, and its not really even a "full" drive bay because its cover it the front plate..

So I am trying to figure out what I can put into this second drive because it looks weird having a blank drive. But I dont think I can put something cool like this in there:

Because it wont fit in the drive opening, and I dont want to cut up the cover and have it look all weird...

Anyone have any input??

I would like somthing in there related to a HTPC, but would rather not hack up the case..

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

I thought about the wear and tear thing, and if I buy one now for $200, by the time it goes dead they will probably be less than $100..

I mean a DVD-RW now is only like $30!! I remember when I paid $200+ for a CD-RW!!

Nice looking setup to :thumbup: