Another "just installed clipons" post, unfortunate ending.

Euroklydon

So I had my bike naked through the summer, loved the look and was waiting to get clipons to put the plastics back on. Lowered the bike a few weeks ago and finally found the time to put everything back on. Whole day for an oil change, undo the street fighter, put on new bars and add flush mounts.

Didn't label bolts when I took it apart like an idiot. So I'm missing 2 screws for the black plastics right below the handlebars right above the side fairings. And I'm sure a few more -.-

After an eternity getting everything together and being really pleased with the result I grabbed my helmet and took a ride around the neighborhood.

I didn't think they would be as good as some made it out but the handling is drastically improved. A few laps and I pull back into the garage where I notice the oil smell, figured it was from where it dripped on the exhaust.

Turns out I forgot to put the dipstick back in and it was everywhere :(
On the bright side I was really close to ripping *** up and down the street outside my neighborhood though and for whatever reason didn't., could have been much worse I guess.

Tl;dr rode bike after adding clips ons, changing oil and putting plastic back on and forgot dip stick.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member