Another Australian!

streetmaster

Hey there all.
Havent actually bought an FZ as yet. Waiting for an insurance payout. Got cleaned up one week ago by a cage driver that had only had his licence for 4 months!!
One 12 month old 650 V Star scrapped!
Anyway, I was down at the local Yamaha dealer & they were just wheeling a white FZ6R out into the showroom, only just been assembled, hadn't had it's pre-delivery, didn't even have a battery in it! Went out the back & a black one had just been taken out of it's crate. That's the one for me!!
Until now Yamaha hasn't had anything in the middle weight sports section to offer. (not including Super Sport)
As noted on another thread, the licencing regs. here are on a power/weight ratio for inexperienced riders (& cagers). The FZ6R out here seems to be restricted by the throttle movement (very little movement). As I was looking as selling the V Star in 6 months anyway, when I am off restrictions, to move up to a sports bike, I thought I would hop on here to find out as much as I can about these little beasties before I lay down the hard earned.
Cheers

dcBear78

Yeah.... Will be interesting to see what they have done with the throttle restriction. And more importantly, how that can be un-done.