Am I Getting A Good Deal?

Chaz

Hello everybody, this is my first post. I was wondering if im getting a good deal on the bike I'm going to pick up later today.

The bike is a 2009 Yellow FZ6R with 17k miles. It has all the upgrades, fender eliminator, flush mounts, marthy viper exhaust w/ db killer, rim tape, zx6r mirrors, and a tank pad.

The bike doesn't have any damage to it and is in perfect condition.

I am expecting to pay $3200. Is this a fair price? Or am I getting screwed.

THANKS!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Chaz

Seems fair, despite the higher mileage.
Due to the high mileage are their any special things I should look for when inspecting the bike?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Chaz

Look at all the covers, look at all the gaskets look for oil seepage or leakage.
I know how to check for oil leakage, ill look up a tutorial on how to check the gaskets and covers. Thanks.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Chaz

KBB says $2635 for trade in and $3855 for retail... You might get them to know $100 or 200 off but that will prob be it.
Alright thanks man.

Chaz

Well guys I got the bike (it is my second bike, i started on a honda rebel which I rode for a little over a year.) and have put about 200 miles on her so far. Heres my only question, why in the world would you need more power like an R6? I find the FZ6R has way more than enough power. I wasn't paying attention just going what I figured was around 80 looked down and was doing 102! Oh well. Maybe one day ill decide i need 130hp, but for now im sooo satisfied.

Chaz

Here she is!

Attachments

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member