Alarm Connectors?

Frinksbonkers

Hi,

Does anyone know where the alarm connectors are on the xj6/fz6r? i have looked in most places on the bike(under the seat, around the battery, under the tank) just cant seem to find them. (its a 2 pin white round plug and a four pin square connector) i found lots of 4 pin connectors but non of them are accompanied by the white plug!

They look like this.

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/images/Yamaha_alarm_plug.jpg

F

FZ6R_Blue

I'm not sure i have a gorilla alarm in mine and its all plug and play... never really looked

Frinksbonkers

Bloke

I just bought a cheap 9v battery vibration alarm that works using a remote key fob.

Lock it under the seat, it goes off if someone sits on it, but doesn't screw up and disable my bike or go off willy nilly or drain my bikes battery.

Cost £12.99 cheap as chips and stops little bastard kids sitting on the thing when it's outside my parents house.

Never heard of "alarm connectors" on our bike before.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Gixerhp

Hi,

Does anyone know where the alarm connectors are on the xj6/fz6r? i have looked in most places on the bike(under the seat, around the battery, under the tank) just cant seem to find them. (its a 2 pin white round plug and a four pin square connector) i found lots of 4 pin connectors but non of them are accompanied by the white plug!

They look like this.

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/images/Yamaha_alarm_plug.jpg
That is at the tail light and turn signal, in the right hand side of the tail section!

Frinksbonkers

Found them! They are stuffed underneath some wires next to the ecu (underneath the main fuse. Had to take the battery out to get at the easily. Thanks for all you advice guys.

I'll be ordering the alarm soon, I'll write a guide on installing it.

Thanks again!

Frinksbonkers

Fitted the alarm today, easy and simple to fit! I will upload more info later as i still need to fit the reed switch to the seat and drill a hole for the LED, but it is a fully functioning alarm even without the reed switch.

Simple plug and play!