Aftermarket mods and warranty

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So I have been wondering...

Does anyone know whether aftermarket parts will void the factory warranty? I have the TBR group buy going, and I have been pondering if adding that exhaust would affect my warranty, and/or service contract. :confused:

fz6rwolf

Other bikes I've owned no but haven't really looked into this but look at the aftermarket stuff yamaha itself sells that doesn't void a warranty.

D

davidsa1

Only if it is proven that the mod done caused the problem in question.

C

CravenMoorhead

google the moss-magnuson act which states that a manufacturor cannot penalize an owner for using a non-factory part unless they otherwise provide the part for free. This pertains to oilfilters, sparkplugs etc... I suspect if you thrown on a PC5 or the like you might have a problem...

Johnfz6r

If You are worried about it I would talk to who ever you will be dealing with for maintenance or warranty work. When I talked to the guys at my dealership they said with exhaust, intake and power commander that I would be fine.

phocoyote7

I know I looked into this for my truck, and got reply only if exhaust were to cause the issue. I was wondering about this as well. Still going to take the chance, as hard to see how exhaust will cause an issue.