About to pull the trigger

neshi

I'm about to pull the trigger on an FZ6R and wanted to know how was your build/order time! I am leaving on a 10 day trip and wanted to know about when I should head down to order if i want the bike the day after I come back! Also the going rate in my area Brooklyn, NY seems to be about $7300 with frame sliders installed taxes registration and after break in checkup is that a good price for the greater NYC area or can I still find some deals out there!

Thanks,

Matt
Cruiser converter

I'm about to pull the trigger on an FZ6R and wanted to know how was your build/order time! I am leaving on a 10 day trip and wanted to know about when I should head down to order if i want the bike the day after I come back! Also the going rate in my area Brooklyn, NY seems to be about $7300 with frame sliders installed taxes registration and after break in checkup is that a good price for the greater NYC area or can I still find some deals out there!

Thanks,

Matt
Cruiser converter
I got mines in Florida for $7,200 OTD so I would say that is a good price. I'm from Brooklyn, NY also. Bushwick section to be exact.

MNDZA

All the dealers by me have them in stock or can have them ready within a couple days. No need for special order. Got mine $7200 OTD.

Seems like $7,200 OTD is a common price for the FZ6R.

neshi

All the dealers by me have them in stock or can have them ready within a couple days. No need for special order. Got mine $7200 OTD.
Great maybe I can put some riding time in before I go! :thumbup:

unleased1287

took my dealer like 4 months after they came out in florda to get them in ny but i live in the woods lol. but after i traded my other bike i walked out owing only 7400 and base price of this bike is 6990 for the black one so frame sliders and a different color and taxes and dmv charges 7300 seems good this bike is worth it and i have dont a lot of town riding and seems to do really good in it dont over head so bad sometimes the fans do kick on but mostly when i go to park it they kick on but for riding and shifting and stop go stop go it does really go in town

Well for break in period you want a lot of stop and go driving and gear shifting. Don't stay in a constant RPM for long periods of time.

MNDZA

Seems like $7,200 OTD is a common price for the FZ6R.
I had to work on it to get that price....went to 4 dealers back and forth. Started at a ridiculous 8400 at my first choice dealer. I'll never buy a bike from them even if they give me a good deal next time....trying to rip me off!

I had to work on it to get that price....went to 4 dealers back and forth. Started at a ridiculous 8400 at my first choice dealer. I'll never buy a bike from them even if they give me a good deal next time....trying to rip me off!
I hear ya. Well I quadruple payments. My payments are $152.00 a month and I pay $600.00 a month, to pay it off quicker.

phocoyote7

I purchased a dealer invoice pricing on the web for $15, talks about list price which is $7090 for all except Raven at $6990. I ended up paying $7090 out the door (no extended warranty or accessories).

Check ebay as well, there is always FZ6R bikes on there for cheap. Here is link for one in Brooklyn, NY; Yamaha : FZ:eBay Motors (item 320388139733 end time Jul-03-09 06:55:14 PDT)

$5999, wish I lived in NY.

SLAMF

After haggling with 2 differnet dealerships and then pitting their best prices against each other I got mine for $6700 OTD. No warranty or accessories

dblakeman

I called numerous dealers within 300 miles of my location (Shreveport, LA) best I could yet was $6750 plus TTL. I ended up using cycle trader and bought one while on leave in Ohio. Paid $6190 + $82 for 2 yrs registration. Didn't have to pay sales tax, some thing with Ohio if your in the military, purchase out of state and use out of state, NO TAX!! So I'm really happy $6272 total :rockon:

fz6rwolf

That's helluva good deal!!!

neshi

I purchased a dealer invoice pricing on the web for $15, talks about list price which is $7090 for all except Raven at $6990. I ended up paying $7090 out the door (no extended warranty or accessories).

Check ebay as well, there is always FZ6R bikes on there for cheap. Here is link for one in Brooklyn, NY; Yamaha : FZ:eBay Motors (item 320388139733 end time Jul-03-09 06:55:14 PDT)

$5999, wish I lived in NY.
Great this is one of the dealers I was interested in now im have to go into the dealer and see if i can and see if i can chop down $200 of the bikes price 5999 (bike) + 120 (sliders) + 295 (dealer fees) + 150 (slider install/First service) + 550 (Taxes) = $7100 if not I think im going to make a quote up and bring it to the other dealer

neshi

I called numerous dealers within 300 miles of my location (Shreveport, LA) best I could yet was $6750 plus TTL. I ended up using cycle trader and bought one while on leave in Ohio. Paid $6190 + $82 for 2 yrs registration. Didn't have to pay sales tax, some thing with Ohio if your in the military, purchase out of state and use out of state, NO TAX!! So I'm really happy $6272 total :rockon:
I think all states have something like this but in New York & New Jersey Once your are released from active duty and return home you get hit with the sales/use tax for the bike! :spank::spank::spank:

Anything $7,300 and under OTD I would say is a good price.

stroke

i copped mine for 6800 OTD with a free helmet :thumbup: hjc fullface

xplodnstar

Mine was $7200 OTD, too. $7500 with 4 year warranty. You can do a little better now, but I got mine in the first week it was out.

I bought mines end of March with the 5 year warranty.