A* boots deal

bmw675

I was looking at boots online, one being the alpinestars s-mx plus boots.

A* last year's designs are going for around $290 most places and the new ones are in the mid $3xx's.

I found one places on amazon that has a few of the boots 'mis-priced', new design for old price. they are hit and miss on sizing and colors, but there is a killer deal out there if one of them works out for you.

btw, i tried on the newer boots this weekend and they are extremely comfortable.

EDIT: for some reason it's not letting me hyperlink the amazon search page, so you can search 'alpinestars smx plus' or search the store front 'monkeymoto'

Last edited:

Dave.TX

Kneedraggers.com

Found 'em on kneedraggers.com for $289.95 with free shipping. A little searching and the deals are out there. Wait for the next sale season, like Columbus Day, and you can prolly find even better deals. Thanks for the info on Amazon.

bmw675

Found 'em on kneedraggers.com for $289.95 with free shipping. A little searching and the deals are out there. Wait for the next sale season, like Columbus Day, and you can prolly find even better deals. Thanks for the info on Amazon.
i seen those, but they are the older versions.

redprodigy35

Recently got the A*'s SMX Plus 2010 model for $289.00 from MC Superstore.
They were pretty helpful with the sizing.

Killer boots.
Took about 2 weeks to fully break in, but now my shifts are much more clean, and more so my feet/ankles are protected.

Only downside to them is the noise they make when you walk around in em. I initially thought it would be a complete non-issue but the reality is-- they attract a lot of attention @ the mall/supermarket/deli.
I heard a spray of Armor All should cure the squeaking noises.
Haven't "fixed" up mine yet as I figure it is a racing boot, and it's use is on the bike. If I am unfortunate to end up walking around some public space and doing errands while in them-- then that is my fault.

Oh... And the cinch cord for the inner sole will give if you yank it too hard. I secured it back to the velco strap with an industrial size staple and a hammer.

rr_double_rr

I have this years SM-X2's and they are freaking awesome. I still have the "A*s Squeak" as mentioned above, but will look into the armor all treatment. Other than making my feet look fat as all get out, they are great. Glad I spent the money I did on them because they look and feel like they'll last a very logn while.