6R down and out...

bmw675

I just got word from the guy that bought my bike back in June that it is done.
Apparently he hit a deer and it looks terrible. the front end is gone. the tank has a good sized dent in it, and the right slide is scraped from front to back. That includes handlebars, pegs, ect....

I have the pictures and it is just sad to see. One thing worth noting, I had the original design of T-rex frame sliders. They really wore down, but they didn't snap or bend at the bolt (right side).

I know it is not mine anymore, but seeing it still ruins your day.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer....

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

6R Blackout

You know I love to Deer hunt, and often wish we had an abundance of deer where I live, but I guess in many ways I am fortunate that I don't have to worry about deer like that. Not only do you damge your bike or cage, even worse you could be seriously injured or even killed by hitting an animal like that. :surrender:

djf18374

I've thought about getting a set and trying it, but getting it on the right face of the fairing would be difficult since it has to be pointed directly into the wind.
How about mounting them on the fender over the front wheel or horizontal on the fork? that might work?

rr_double_rr

How about mounting them on the fender over the front wheel or horizontal on the fork? that might work?
Doing both might work. Like I said, those things have to be nose into the wind for them to work, so it's getting one to work all the time or finding a way to combine them in multiple locations to ensure operation without looking like a sea anenome rolling down the road that's tricky.

For me, I just stay off the roads in low light conditions when they are going to be moving mainly. We all know that it's the gray of the day, magic hour times that are the worst for deer. If I have to go anywhere during those hours, I'm usually in the truck.

bmw675

hopefully the rider is all good or recovering?
From what i understand, the rider is fine. Atleast nothing major.

You know I love to Deer hunt, and often wish we had an abundance of deer where I live, but I guess in many ways I am fortunate that I don't have to worry about deer like that. Not only do you damge your bike or cage, even worse you could be seriously injured or even killed by hitting an animal like that. :surrender:
Same here. I've heard of other people hitting deer, and not being near as fortunate as this rider was.

Here's a couple pictures. It does look like the slider protected the engine.

b_who

wow that looks pretty bad.
So the dude is alright?

Detrich

ouch, sorry to hear :(