2012 Big Wiring Issue

buzzbomb

Elite Member

dailordasailor

Thank you very much!

I feel that there must be something directly linked to the neutral switch and thats start of all the problems... Im bypassing the clutch safety switch (by unplugging it) as well as kickstand safety switch (by kicking it up) and then can jump starter solenoid... but looking at the service manual on the computer (like 500 pages so not printing it out) dont see anything directly linked to what signals neutral light.

I took the tank, all fairings and anything i could off so i could get to wires best as possible. Even with that chasing wires all the way is near impossible. Going to try and test the relays i can see (all in seat area). Also is there more fuses then the little fuse box under the seat?

Thanks again for everything already!

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Thank you very much!

I feel that there must be something directly linked to the neutral switch and thats start of all the problems... Im bypassing the clutch safety switch (by unplugging it) as well as kickstand safety switch (by kicking it up) and then can jump starter solenoid... but looking at the service manual on the computer (like 500 pages so not printing it out) dont see anything directly linked to what signals neutral light.

I took the tank, all fairings and anything i could off so i could get to wires best as possible. Even with that chasing wires all the way is near impossible. Going to try and test the relays i can see (all in seat area). Also is there more fuses then the little fuse box under the seat?

Thanks again for everything already!
Try this. Rewire your clutch and kickstand switches as if they were in normal circumstances and anything else related. Try to start the bike in where you think neutral would be (go to first and half step up. Move the bike to see if its still in gear). Attempt to start the bike. If the N light doesnt show and doesnt start, pull the clutch in then while holding the lever, start the bike. If it starts, Ill tear my bike apart to take pics where the problem is. Good luck :)

dailordasailor

98- thank you very much. I'll try to figure out how to make the clutch plug read like its good. When comes to the kickstand i dont know how i would false that? I dont see a plug but more of wire going directly into the sensor and one bolt holding that in? Make sense?

98- thank you very much. I'll try to figure out how to make the clutch plug read like its good. When comes to the kickstand i dont know how i would false that? I dont see a plug but more of wire going directly into the sensor and one bolt holding that in? Make sense?
Basically, I think its your neutral sensor that is causing your issue. Ill post a vid for ya tomorrow to show you what i mean and where and how to fix it. It unplugged on me and i spent hours trying to fix it. Lol :D

dailordasailor

thank you very much for the video man! mine is plugged in and I actually removed the switch. No idea how to "fake" the signal for it.

That being said, when you disconnected it you could pull the clutch and kickstand and start the bike. I cant do that... I still have to jump the starter solenoid when clutch is in and kickstands up.

Possibly I burned up the relay for the starter button and the neutral light? Or maybe they are actually the same relay. Sunday is going to be my garage day so its all hands on deck that day, plus have to change shocks on gfs car.

thank you very much for the video man! mine is plugged in and I actually removed the switch. No idea how to "fake" the signal for it.

That being said, when you disconnected it you could pull the clutch and kickstand and start the bike. I cant do that... I still have to jump the starter solenoid when clutch is in and kickstands up.

Possibly I burned up the relay for the starter button and the neutral light? Or maybe they are actually the same relay. Sunday is going to be my garage day so its all hands on deck that day, plus have to change shocks on gfs car.
The point of the test was to see if the bike was thinking it was in gear or not. Try to start it with the plug on and off. Make sure the sensor for the clutch being pulled in and the sensor that sees the kickstand is up are operating. After this, I would have to see the bike in person to make any further guesses.

dailordasailor

sorry for the very late reply. My boss at work was injured monday so my work load has become rather large and heavy. Today i finally got my new neutral switch (well kinda, i borrowed it off my buddies 07 R6. mine will be in tuesday). Neutral light works great, bike starts right up.

Current problem: when i put it in gear it stalls. Has to be something with the safety switch on the clutch. If i unplug the clutch switch, still nothing (unplugging it worked when i had the original issue). If pull kickstand up, still stalls.

The wiring harness (lets say 10 wires) cut right under where the driver seat bolts in. Popped a couple fuses when it happened. But by unplugging the clutch plug and kicking the kickstand up, i could jump the starter with a screwdriver. Now i can start it as would be wanted, but pop it in gear and shuts off like i hit kill switch.

Thoughts? Know im pushing my luck for getting help.