2011 Yamaha Stryker

xleeb0y13x

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375641310.054919.jpg

Brother in law finally got sick of his 83 nighthawk and got this yesterday. I'm not the biggest fan of cruisers but damn this thing is nice. Got it with 999 miles on it and it was well taken care of. Great riding position, gobs of torque and a plush ride. 1300 cc that moves when you need it to. Forward controls were a little odd but easy to use. Slow turning is interesting.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

BKP

It's a nice looking bike...
I was able to take a Stryker out on one of Yamaha's Demo Days. It does have lots of torque (I was initially surprised, and then remembered @ 1300cc it should pull like a tractor...).

However, I was reminded it was a cruiser on every turn. After getting so used to the clearance of the 6R, I kept scraping those pegs. Have to admit, though, the forward pegs and mitigated bend in my leg, made my knees *very* happy...

xleeb0y13x

Ya the sitting position is very comfortable. And having the legs forward was great. Turning is the only thing he's getting used to. That and the torque. Going from a 550 to a 1300 is taking a minute.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

Maadi

Before I bought the fz6r, I was contemplating buying the stryker. Fortunately my father in law had just got one and I was able to ride it several times on our vacation. I definitely agree with what has been said here, the thing moves like a train but unfortunately also turns like one... It took only one test ride on the fz6r to realize it was the bike for me...

Kayo7

This is what I am considering for my next bike, but by my next bike, I mean I will have 2 bikes and not just one :D Gotta have my cruiser and my sport bike.

When I decided to ditch the FZ6R I was looking at the Stryker and the VStar 1300 Deluxe. I rode a VStar 1300 and was pretty impressed. But in the end, I went with a Stratoliner Deluxe 1900. At first cornering and slow speed turns were a big change from the 6r, but now I am used to it and am very happy with my upgrade.

Sent from my phone using an app.