2010 Last Year for FZ6R????

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
um...ok? your welcome for the information?
We're just razzing you.

I think we have come to the conclusion that the FZ6 and R6S are leaving and the R6 and FZ6R are here to stay. At least for another model year. :thumbup:

dcBear78

Rumour in Aus is the FZ6 S/N may be dropped but not the FZ6R as the FZ8 is due for release around October.
That isn't a rumour. That is why they are selling them so cheap, with awesome finance/insurance deals, to run them out before the FZ8 hits the ground.

The XJ6N/S will continue along with the FZ6R as they are all the same bike, just look different. These bikes satisfy the low end/entry level street bike people.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

calltrex

Did the FZ8 have any fairings or was it a kinda naked bike??

I do like the fairings on the FZ6R and really like the white and yellow after the decals were removed, very clean look! I have the blue and I'm on the fence about decal removal...

they had the complete naked bike beside it. the other one had the front fairing stuff and windshield. but no side fairings.

i didnt have my phone on me to take any pics or i would have

Roaddawg

Did the FZ8 have any fairings or was it a kinda naked bike??

I do like the fairings on the FZ6R and really like the white and yellow after the decals were removed, very clean look! I have the blue and I'm on the fence about decal removal...
It will be interesting if they sell the fairing kits like they do for the FZ1. I like the fairing too. If they did offer it, I'd think about trading up to the FZ8....with side fairings.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So there are two versions. The FZ8 is a fully naked bike. The FZ8 Fazer is the semi-naked bike, with the front cowling, windshield and I believe a belly pan (lower cowling).

Both are great looking bikes! It will be interesting to see how widely popular they become and what afx parts hits the shelves.

dcBear78

The semi naked Fazer is half assed IMO. If you are going naked, go all the way.

Love naked bikes. Love faired bikes. But not keen on half way in between.

Mart Man FZ6R

The semi naked Fazer is half assed IMO. If you are going naked, go all the way.

Love naked bikes. Love faired bikes. But not keen on half way in between.
The FZ8 Fazer is basically and 800cc FZ6 without the under seat exhaust. That under seat exhaust used to get pretty hot which was one of the things that helped me choose the 6R when I bought in April. I could have gotten another FZ6 for only $300 over what I paid for the 6R. Was really tossed on the choice, but after a few trips into the hills, I'm totally happy with the 6R.

calltrex

i rode the fz8 phazer today. nothing special over fz6r

has a little more power

seat is harder and my ass got sore

its stock wider windshield is same resistance as my raised clear

not sure what i would be spending the extra $3000 more for

Roaddawg

i rode the fz8 phazer today. nothing special over fz6r

has a little more power

seat is harder and my ass got sore

its stock wider windshield is same resistance as my raised clear

not sure what i would be spending the extra $3000 more for
Good to hear.

WANDERER

If and if I don't make it in time to get the 2010 FZ6R "bkack" & they're out of stock, then I'll get my 2nd option. The Kawasaki 650R....
Oh well, but the FZ6R is really nice.

Roaddawg

If and if I don't make it in time to get the 2010 FZ6R "bkack" & they're out of stock, then I'll get my 2nd option. The Kawasaki 650R....
Oh well, but the FZ6R is really nice.
Its worth waiting for the FZ6R :D And, if you do buy one, Joloy (Vallejo) and me (Napa) will let you go riding with us!! :D

Stephenfz6r

Paid $6799+BS and tax=$8300, haven't been out to the dealer in a few weeks but they had a blue one that had been on the floor for a while.