2010 Int'l Motorcycle Show

bjs045

Couldn't make it out there Fri. or Sat. but the show was still pretty lively. The test rides were canceled but to much of my surprise No Limit's show still went on.

Didn't even dawn on me that I didn't take any pics of the Yamahas LOL. /shrug

video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKRO84ts3rQ]No Limit Rain Stuntin @ 2010 Int'l Motorcycle Show[/ame]

Pics:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0dMinuE-gs]2010 Int'l Motorcycle Show Pics[/ame]

Last edited:

flyingminno

Nice! Yeah, I ride down there at about noon, when it was dry almost the entire way on the 710. But I left at around 2, when the rain was horizontal; it was a very wet and flooded ride home.

6R Blackout

Cool

Thanks for posting that cool video and the pics, I enjoyed veiwing them.:smoking:

Detrich

I was there around 1030 to 130. Pretty good show...

bjs045

I was there around 1030 to 130. Pretty good show...
Damn Detrich I was there from 10:00 - 1:00. I saw some asian dudes there...I kinda wondered too LOL. Didn't see anyone from SCAR. I was looking for charlies booth parts411 but never saw it.

flyingminno

Damn you rode there? Man you're nuts! =D
Yup, I am, but at least my nuts were dry after a hour ride back to Covina..:p

Oh also, I passed by a sheriff in her cruiser in stopped traffic, who proceeded to open her window and give me the thumbs up. I proceeded to tell her, her lights were off and its pouring rain, and gave her a return thumb up as I rode away. I swear, isn't it a law to turn your headlights on in bad weather?!

Last edited:

Detrich

Damn Detrich I was there from 10:00 - 1:00. I saw some asian dudes there...I kinda wondered too LOL. Didn't see anyone from SCAR. I was looking for charlies booth parts411 but never saw it.
D'oh! Charlie's booth was towards the right in the back- one isle over from the Dainese booth, but before the Bert's booth.

Detrich

Just some random thoughts about those white panty chicks... Um I mean about bikes... lol. Jk

So, I sat on a bunch of SS bikes just to compare... And, the S10000RR actually felt the most comfortable. I couldn't flat foot, but omg that thing just felt SO nice. The levers, position etc just felt so good. It doesn't even feel like a 1000cc bike. Next comfortable was the CBR600RR. Also couldn't flat foot but it felt comfortable...

Oddly and most surprising to me is the that the R6 actually made me feel like a complete midget... Could only tip toe on that thing. And, the minute I got on it, I could feel some strain in my lower back and my neck. And, I don't even have any back issues...

Do ppl just get used to that riding position, or am I wack? I recently met a friend of a friend who's exactly my height who rides an 09 R6. Itt wasn't lowered, and he had no problems on it whatsoever... He's only been riding about a year too. So, I'm wondering why the R6 felt so monstrous... =\

PS. Re gear... The Dainese booth was simply awesome. The quality of their leather jackets and suits are just miles ahead of other brands once you touch and feel the material... They were offering $750 leather 1 & 2 piece suits and $400 leather jackets. Bert's also had Fieldsheer leather jackets for $150 and full suits for $250... Too bad I didn't need to buy anything...

Last edited:

bjs045

Just some random thoughts about those white panty chicks... Um I mean about bikes... lol. Jk
LOL I know what you mean ;)

So, I sat on a bunch of SS bikes just to compare... And, the S10000RR actually felt the most comfortable. I couldn't flat foot, but omg that thing just felt SO nice. The levers, position etc just felt so good. It doesn't even feel like a 1000cc bike. Next comfortable was the CBR600RR. Also couldn't flat foot but it felt comfortable...
I also sat on a lot of the SS bikes. I agree with you about the s1000rr. That thing made me have a funny feeling in my pants! :D But I also noticed the zx10r felt exactly the same. I swear if I was blind, I wouldn't know the difference. The new liter bikes are so light! I really dug the cbr's in both the 1k and 600 too. Oddly the gsxr 600 and 750 didn't feel comfortable for me, but man they feel super light too. The lean angle was felt better but the leg positioning felt odd. I guess thats what rear sets are for.

Oddly and most surprising to me is the that the R6 actually made me feel like a complete midget... Could only tip toe on that thing. And, the minute I got on it, I could feel some strain in my lower back and my neck. And, I don't even have any back issues...

Do ppl just get used to that riding position, or am I wack? I recently met a friend of a friend who's exactly my height who rides an 09 R6. Itt wasn't lowered, and he had no problems on it whatsoever... He's only been riding about a year too. So, I'm wondering why the R6 felt so monstrous... =\
Yeah my buddy has a 09 R6 and I never really liked the high seat. The R1 is actually lower.

PS. Re gear... The Dainese booth was simply awesome. The quality of their leather jackets and suits are just miles ahead of other brands once you touch and feel the material... They were offering $750 leather 1 & 2 piece suits and $400 leather jackets. Bert's also had Fieldsheer leather jackets for $150 and full suits for $250... Too bad I didn't need to buy anything...
Didn't really look at gear. I'm pretty much an Astar's and Knox armor guy. But thats a really good deal on some Dainese gear. Normally it's way out of my budget.

bjs045

Yup, I am, but at least my nuts were dry after a hour ride back to Covina..:p

Oh also, I passed by a sheriff in her cruiser in stopped traffic, who proceeded to open her window and give me the thumbs up. I proceeded to tell her, her lights were off and its pouring rain, and gave her a return thumb up as I rode away. I swear, isn't it a law to turn your headlights on in bad weather?!
LOL that awesome dude...and I'm not sure if its the law or just highly suggested for safety in bad weather.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Totally agree with you on the R6 Jon... I was kinda disappointed too, since that's the bike I want to get. =( Yet, it felt so high & so intimidating... I could only tip toe on it. Am bummed now, cuz I'm not sure how I'll upgrade next year... And yes, the CBR600 was very surprisingly comfortable... I also really liked the feel of the s1000rr. That bike just feels so solid & so high tech. Even the levers felt more refined and smooth compared to everything else. Just wish it were more affordable... =\

One of my friends with a 1L CBR said that the 600 vs 1L bike comparison actually depends on the type of roads... For canyons with lots of repeating tight turns (like GMR), he said that 600cc bikes are actually easier on, cuz u just sit in 3rd gear and focus on the road. He said the 1L bike would have to be in 2nd, and sometimes it gets to be too jerky- something about the gear ratios... For roads with sweeping turns though, he likes the 1L bike better. More power and more room to let it rip. But, i'd imagine if you're a good rider, it shouldn't really matter 600 vs 1000...