2007 Is almost gone the 08's are here.

poorwboy

Anybody here looking at a different bike for 08. Lets here what everybody is interested in and discuss all the 08's. Man there is some sick bikes for 08. Traction control and the whole nine yards.:Sport:

S

sportrider

if I did change up or add to the collection I'd go with an R6S but I do wanna ride a Buell 1125R...

V

VEGASRIDER

I was eying on the new BMW HP2 Sportbike. But I think it might be out of my price range.

B

Bo67

Hey Poorwboy!

Heard from Dennis that you have an R1. Sweet ride. As for next year, I'm not sure whether to go R1 or Suzuki B-King (pipe dream right now, need money first).
I have always loved the R1 but the B-King really reminds me of an updated version of the Suzuki GS-1150E I had back in '85.

I've never been a big 'Busa fan but I really like what Suzuki has done to make the B-King bike more of a "standard" style. Really don't like the the name B-King though; I can hear the "Burger King" comments already. I think GS 1340E would've been better, but that's probably just my nostalgia chiming in.

As for the R1, I am amazed at how comfortable it is to sit on; I haven't ridden one yet. Much less pressure on the wrists and back than the R6 (which I have ridden) or the CBRs.

I guess I'll let the reviewers write what they write when the bikes are reviewed and start to form an opinion from there. Regardless, the technology that has been built into the R1 is amazing; unimagineable back in the
mid-80's when I thought an overdrive indicator light was "the heat", or did we say "rad" back then?.;)

-Bo

poorwboy

Hey Poorwboy!

Heard from Dennis that you have an R1. Sweet ride. As for next year, I'm not sure whether to go R1 or Suzuki B-King (pipe dream right now, need money first).
I have always loved the R1 but the B-King really reminds me of an updated version of the Suzuki GS-1150E I had back in '85.

I've never been a big 'Busa fan but I really like what Suzuki has done to make the B-King bike more of a "standard" style. Really don't like the the name B-King though; I can hear the "Burger King" comments already. I think GS 1340E would've been better, but that's probably just my nostalgia chiming in.

As for the R1, I am amazed at how comfortable it is to sit on; I haven't ridden one yet. Much less pressure on the wrists and back than the R6 (which I have ridden) or the CBRs.

I guess I'll let the reviewers write what they write when the bikes are reviewed and start to form an opinion from there. Regardless, the technology that has been built into the R1 is amazing; unimagineable back in the
mid-80's when I thought an overdrive indicator light was "the heat", or did we say "rad" back then?.;)

-Bo
Hi bo glad you made it here. Yes I do have a r1, its a 98 and has way to much power for what I do. I have been actually thinking about going to 600cc bike. I cant imagine what the new liter bikes are like. As far as i'm concerned the liter bikes make way to much power for any rider. I have been in corners and had the back wheel spin, cross the yellow lines in the road under acceleration and it spins. Now this is a 98 which makes about 130 at the wheel, the new ones make 150-160 at the wheel (holy hell). Theres actually a article on the net that talks about liter bikes making guys slower on the track because they can't and are afraid to use the power. I have'nt heard of the b king, aka (burger king) LOL JK. Post some info up on it.

T

trailblazer87

I am buying an 08 250 ninja for my Girlfriend come spring. Does that count?:thumbup:

J

jsteinb95

I am buying an 08 250 ninja for my Girlfriend come spring. Does that count?:thumbup:
Lucky!!!!! I'm jealous. I bought an '07 :-( I guess my shirt idea is out. It was gonna say, " No, it's not an '87, it's an '07"

T

trailblazer87

I took her in to look at the 07's and the dang dealer showed her a picture of the 08, now I gotta fork over that much more;)

poorwboy

I'd love to ride a 1125R too, BUT It looks like all the other Buells. Which isn't a bad thing. I would of figured they would have changed it up a bit in the looks department. Plus the $12,000 price tag... You can buy a ZX-14 and have almost a grand left over. Which BTW is a bike I'd love to add to my collection. I also like the FZ1, R1 etc. etc. If I only had the money... There is even talk about a new V-Rod. The VRSCFA. I'd also like one of them Screamin' Eagle VR's... But if I had to choose only one... I'd have to say the FZ1.:thumbup:
Yes I do agree the nose fairing sticks out way to far on the buell. But it is a awesome bike.

poorwboy

I know these are not 08's, I couldn't find any good pics so 07's will have to do.
#1 choice

#2... I'd probably kill myself on this but love it non the less!!

I LOVE V-RODs! Thats why I own a B... So what if people call em' chick bikes.

It just has a weird look to it. I liked it more when I first saw it. But now I'm not so sure...
That fz1 would be a nice bike, But that r1 is sexy.

J

JONAC

My next bike ... Including colour... Just need the money now :banghead:

But I still love this :)