10$ FE do it yourself

Sparkxx1

I found this on the R6 forum and I wanted to share. I haven't seen something so detailed and it serves it's purpose I guess. I'll probably be doing this later(in couple of months) if I get those emergency grade LED turn signals.

How To Make A $10 Fender Eliminator | Facebook

You can paint it black to make is look nicer. Good luck if anybody decides to go for it.

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

So I spent today making this FE. Took a little bit of creativity but I did get it to work. I don't know if it's ideal but I am definitely happy and like it much better than the stock fender. I accidentally threw away the receipt of all the parts but it ended up costing $20-$25. Well a bit more for me since I had to buy new drill bits but oh well, new tools are always good. I will probably buy a new Simpson strong tie, which is the main piece, so I can do it a little more cleanly and that part was only like $6-$7 at Home Depot.
The original instructions are for an R6 so I had to adapt and modify, the biggest thing being 1 1/2" spacers between the bike and the FE because the Simpson strong tie won't butt up directly against the bike.
If anybody is interested in doing this let me know and I may be able to provide some form of instructions based on memory.

Last edited:

b_who

Wish i knew this earlier so i wouldn't have had to cough up 75 bucks for my F.E. :p

Sparkxx1

Nice FE! Paint it with some plastic-dip!!!!! :D

I want to make one eventually, but first I want those 50$ LED's that light up the road all around you. I don't mind LED's not being too visible in the day, but at night I want to be seeeeeennnn!

Thanks for the heads up on the spacers!

Use the saved money for other mods ;)

rahuljp

The original instructions are for an R6 so I had to adapt and modify, the biggest thing being 1 1/2" spacers between the bike and the FE because the Simpson strong tie won't butt up directly against the bike.
If anybody is interested in doing this let me know and I may be able to provide some form of instructions based on memory.
Her Purple... What did you use for the spacers?? Also, a quick write up would be great for noobs like me! Thanks!!!:D