Zx6r mirrors with stock handlebars

Fz6r wagga

Hey everyone, anyone have any opinions on running zx6r mirrors with stock handlebars? Ive had a couple rides with the new mirrors on but im really struggling to adjust.. alot less view than the standard mirrors, wondering if this is an easy fix or my hands/arms are in the way because i dont have clip on handlebars

person4l

I’ve got the same mirrors and I’ve got the same problem. My arm takes up like half the mirror so I can’t see anything directly behind me. I’ve tended to stop using them most of the time at this point, I usually just do a head check. The only time I use them now are when I’m stopped, I’ll take a hand off the bars and I’ll use them to watch the cars coming up behind me

Fz6r wagga

Yeah righto, so its not just a me problem then.. ill keep all that in mind & hopefully i can get used to riding with them safely, thanks man ✌

person4l

If you rely on your mirrors, you could always get bar end mirrors. I’ve seen a couple FZ6Rs on here with them and they don’t look too bad

Fz6r wagga

Obviously, the solution is to install a Woodcraft clip-on kit like the cool kids ;)
Ive watched youre install overview a cpl times now.. im on the fence as to whether Ill end up going that route, the roads around where i live can be pretty unforgiving when it comes to bumps or potholes how do you think the adjustment to the suspenion would handle this?

Half-Click Up

Ive watched youre install overview a cpl times now.. im on the fence as to whether Ill end up going that route, the roads around where i live can be pretty unforgiving when it comes to bumps or potholes how do you think the adjustment to the suspenion would handle this?
The only time I've bottomed out since installing the Woodcraft kit, was in a construction zone in Dallas. I was unfamiliar with the area and not ready for the drop off where they milled up the road. No issues other than that one time. I honestly can't imagine going back to a straight bar, but that's just my opinion.