Yet another new FZ6R owner

F

FZ1inNH

so you can raise and lower the seat? that's pretty cool. we can't do that on the fz6 can we?
It is. Here is the blip from the Yamaha site:

ALL-NEW FOR 2009 FZ6R
A rider in the market for an entry level or commuter 600cc bike doesn’t have to compromise performance or style to get value: introducing the new 2009 FZ6R! It’s a great combination of performance, handling, and exciting sport bike style, but also with a low seat height that’s both adjustable to fit a wider variety of riders and also narrower where it counts to make it even easier to put both feet on the ground.

C

CrazyBiker

Those FZ6Rs do like really nice and well built. However I felt they are bit narrow but then I feel the FZ6 is a bit narrow too.

B

b.konstadinos

As time pasts i really like more and more. This full fairing is very beautiful. I wouldn't trade with my fz6 tho. Welcome and enjoy it. :welcome:

fz6rwolf

It is narrow which is somehing I like about it, like I said I'm in the city and narrower the better to get out of the way of the idiots on the road.

P

paulman

Nice too see theres another RI member on the forum. I live about 15 minutes from you in Coventry. You prob already know this but the best riding roads around these parts are def. the back roads around coventry/exeter heading out into connecticut. Hopefully see you on the streets!

fz6rwolf

Nice too see theres another RI member on the forum. I live about 15 minutes from you in Coventry. You prob already know this but the best riding roads around these parts are def. the back roads around coventry/exeter heading out into connecticut. Hopefully see you on the streets!
I actually work in Coventry, started about 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to when there's no frost on windshields and I'll start riding into work in the mornings, afternoons lately aren't bad.

G

Ghost Weim

:welcome: to the coolest forum! Good looking bike - in the faster blue, of course! :Flash:

fstrthan_uthink

:welcome: Nice bike! How are the bags working out for you? I'm looking to get a pair. Thanks for posting pics of it with the bags on, looks great :rockon:

M

mstewar1

Welcome and congrats. When you're ready to go a bit faster, you'll want to trade it in for a red one... :D

fz6rwolf

Welcome and congrats. When you're ready to go a bit faster, you'll want to trade it in for a red one... :D
No red in this model, yet anyway, blue, black, yellow with crazy star kinda thing or white with black flames (which I guess is marketed towards the ladies but I think looks pretty dam good).
As for the roads someone said about RI, yeah they suck big time repair wise. There are more potholes and just uneven pavement in this tiny state than other states I lived in like Texas or South Carolina put together:banghead:

badongo

Nice Bike

I have the yellow model myself.

Would you mind telling me the make and model of the bags you have on the back of the bike?