Yamaha R6S Lights, so many possibilities...

Yo fellow 6'ers,
I was helping a guy who works with my GF on his 2006 R6S. This dude dropped his bike trying to see his grandfather at the hospital. He got cut off going excessive speeds on the freeway trying to reach the hospital. Now, he must've been paid through his insurance or the driver because he ended up buying all the replacement parts and plastics to get this thing on the road again. So, I offered to help cause it was my chance to work on a bike. This guy though, I don't think he has the capabilities to ride though. He's what I like to call "scatter brain", maybe he has ADHD. It made putting this bike together so difficult because he had parts and pieces scattered throughout the garage. Every time he brought me something, he would drop bolts (constantly) or didn't have the right tools for the job (We're talking Leatherman Pliers for tightening bolts). New and old parts were being mixed into reassembling the bike. He was in a hurry too, like he needed to get it moving again that night. I kept trying to get him to slow down, that this isn't something you want to rush. He was missing parts to go on the front fairing and opted to just have it held in with the mirrors and 1 screw in. I don't even think he was putting in the right fairing bolts on the sides. Anyhoo, I helped him as much as I could and the bike was probably 90% done. I told him to bring the bike by so I can install the integrated tail light. He wanted me to modify the stock taillight to act as turn signals. I know its possible, I've done a mod similar on a car. But, I didn't want to break something and be responsible for it.

Out of all that, he gave me 50 bones and his old R6S headlights. I'm trying to think of what to do with these. I know one is for low beam and one for high beam. I'm thinking of retrofitting one to my 6'er. Or, I can mod them as my 91 240sx headlights. Or, I can make a really cool desk/work lamp. What would you do with them?

Attachments

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Why haven't I been contacted about this!!! Awesome score...unfortunately since neither one of these are bi-xenon, they won't be very helpful. Also, they don't have clear lenses and are rather small, so there are definitely better options out there.
I knew you would respond sooner or later rabbit man. I assumed they would be more complicated since each one acts differently. If I were to retro fit into my 6'er, I would've used one and had it installed vertically. I think a work table lamp would be the best. I also thought to install them as track lighting for my garage. Let me know if you could put them to better use though. A trade for a discounted retrofit would be in order.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
I honestly have no use for them, since I am always upgrading from stock configurations. I like the lighting idea though. Just need to find a way to get it all rigged up. That stuff would most likely pull a premium on Ebay.
Oh well, didn't hurt to ask. Only 20 bones for what I have, I guess the work lamp will do :)

Bert-Aus

Helmet mounted flood lights

For night time canyon rides, so you can see through the corners properly;)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Helmet mounted flood lights

For night time canyon rides, so you can see through the corners properly;)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
That would be pretty cool to see, can you picture blinding everyone in their cars when you look over for eye contact?!?!? I would probably need a quick connect that is wired through my clothing to connect. Or just have a big 12v battery strapped to my back.

Bert-Aus

That would be pretty cool to see, can you picture blinding everyone in their cars when you look over for eye contact?!?!? I would probably need a quick connect that is wired through my clothing to connect. Or just have a big 12v battery strapped to my back.
That is a whole new level of chastising cagers for their shitty driving:thumbup: