Yamaha Bar Ends

ArkAngel06

I know this is a real superfluous mod(and fairly expensive for what it is), but I got them, and decided I would post some pics and my experience with them.

They can be found here:

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Yamaha Bar Ends at Stadium Yamaha

Quality is high, but that is expected, since they are made by Yamaha. They did seem to over complicate them by making them 5 pieces instead of 1 or 2...but once they are in, it's not a big deal.

Like this:

ArkAngel06

Probably would't be too hard to paint. Since they come apart, you wouldn't have to risk getting any paint on the carbon fiber inserts.

Really, the only hard part I see is not getting it into the 6 holes on the outside.

ajcatx

tank pad

Just curious why you have your tank pad on backwards

Detrich

Detrich

How do the bar ends light up tho? Or is that just reflective material?

MikeN02

How hard was the install? Do you just take it off with the T Handles?

I want to see how the Blue bar ends look on the Blue FZ6-R if anyone has pictures... I may consider buying some since my bar end is a little rashed now.

ArkAngel06

Install is as easy as using an allen wrench to take the old ones off, and 2 allen wrenches to put the new ones in....Should literally take 5 minutes to do.

Do you have any pictures of your handlebars Mike? Try to post one that has the bar ends at one of the angles of the blue ones in this pic, and I will photoshop it for you.

Insure Gal

ArkAngel06

How hard was the install? Do you just take it off with the T Handles?

I want to see how the Blue bar ends look on the Blue FZ6-R if anyone has pictures... I may consider buying some since my bar end is a little rashed now.
Heres what it would look like on a blue bike....I used DjOrchie's bike to photoshop it...Hope he doesn't mind.

MikeN02

Heres what it would look like on a blue bike....I used DjOrchie's bike to photoshop it...Hope he doesn't mind.

Omg and you have the shorty ASV's.... or is that Pazzo?

Looks good, not really eye catching and doesn't really stand out.

I know this is an old topic, but I'd rather reply to this than open up a new one.

On Yamaha's website, they list two types of Bar Ends. The first one is said to be protective in the event of a fall, the other is just a plain bar end.

Why is the Graves not listed as a protective slider? I'm wanting to purchase that one because the profile seems to be less, but I won't if it's not intended to help during a low-side.

Can anyone comment on this?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acsubcontaineritems/5/521/2130/17839/all/1.aspx

Detrich

I have the shogun crash kit bar ends on both bikes. Love how they look- black cylinders but extend the length of the bars out more, which helps saves the mirrors.

So it comes down to you. Do u want the cosmetics or functionality? Either way bar end sliders need to extend further than the stock bar ends to be effective.

Hope this helps.