Xj6

A

alanrim

In the UK the FZ6R is called the XJ6 and that is a much better idea than bringing the FZ6 marque down.

Must admit like the look of the bike but it is tiny when compared to the FZ6, as soon as I sat on the XJ6 I knew it wasn't for me, it just isn't substantial enough.

It is certainly a bike that would suit my wife, but doubt the power drop would make her happy after the GSR600.

Begs the question what numpty in marketing decided the States should call it the FZ6R?

Wolfman

In the UK the FZ6R is called the XJ6 and that is a much better idea than bringing the FZ6 marque down.

Must admit like the look of the bike but it is tiny when compared to the FZ6, as soon as I sat on the XJ6 I knew it wasn't for me, it just isn't substantial enough.

It is certainly a bike that would suit my wife, but doubt the power drop would make her happy after the GSR600.

Begs the question what numpty in marketing decided the States should call it the FZ6R?
Is also called the XJ6N in naked form in Australia, and the XJ6S Diversion for the faired version in oz....it is a very different bike to the FZ6.

S

Stumbles06

the XJ6S Diversion for the faired version in oz....it is a very different bike to the FZ6.
Although, the XJ6 Diversion is only a half-faired model, where-as the FZ6R has the full skirt... And the better colour options.

:)

Wolfman

Although, the XJ6 Diversion is only a half-faired model, where-as the FZ6R has the full skirt... And the better colour options.

It's all very confusing....do we get the full faired version, or should i say FZ6R in Oz?

A

alanrim

In the States they have effectively precluded the obvious name for a naked so they probably ain't getting one of these in the best version either!

The Diversion name is a bit naff I think, would be better just called XJ6F (faired) XJ6N (naked) XJ6H (Half Faired)

Things the way they are you would think manufacturers would be simplifying the manufacturing process by providing worldwide options rather than market specific, this would simplify production, and parts list.

Brugge

Have any of you that have seen the XJ6 in person seen one in the Cloud White? I looked at the FZ6R at a shop in the USA in Pearl White land liked the color, other than the pink sticker on the side. I was wondering if the XJ6 Cloud White is the same.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Kevin

O-turn

Partier
When purchasing my first bike (09 FZ6R) I did not want the full on race bike as my initial 2 wheel machine. So I looked at the fz6 and the r, The R looks sooooo much better IMO and the power drop off (Whatever it may be) does not bother me, I plan to pick up another bike in a year or two as a toy and use this one as my primary. The naked look on a bike (on a female is diff) doesnt do it for me.

Still a nice bike though.

C

CCHOUSEKY

...The R looks sooooo much better IMO and the power drop off (Whatever it may be) does not bother me, I plan to pick up another bike in a year or two as a toy and use this one as my primary.
Well, everyone's entitled to they're opinion. I guess if you like gixxers, then the FZ6R is for you, because that's what it looks like to me. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I'll keep my '06 FZ6 and all it's power and good looks, thank you very much. :thumbup:

Wolfman

When purchasing my first bike (09 FZ6R) I did not want the full on race bike as my initial 2 wheel machine. So I looked at the fz6 and the r, The R looks sooooo much better IMO and the power drop off (Whatever it may be) does not bother me, I plan to pick up another bike in a year or two as a toy and use this one as my primary. The naked look on a bike (on a female is diff) doesnt do it for me.

Still a nice bike though.
Well, everyone's entitled to they're opinion. I guess if you like gixxers, then the FZ6R is for you, because that's what it looks like to me. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I'll keep my '06 FZ6 and all it's power and good looks, thank you very much. :thumbup:

I reckon they both look nice, but naked's are still the best! especially black ones! :rockon:

O-turn

Partier
Well i am not a fan of gixxers, rather the R6 :D