XJ6 Crash Bobbins

Bert-Aus

Any XJ6 rides out there sporting these bobbins?
Uk Site

If so can you please advise or post images of them installed on your ride?
I really want to make sure whether they are attachable with the engine guards in place.

I have searched heaps of others but they all look shite (Esp the R&G -IMHO)
The Euro riders on here have lent their advice before but no images to show them installed -if any can accept this mission it would be greatly appreciated:D

Bert-Aus

I am assuming by the level of interest on this,
that the bobbins are not "No Cut"

bowie

Well... I dropped my Xj6 the other day..

I have frame sliders (factory Yamaha ones), and now all I'm buying is a rear brake leaver.

It was bent, not enough for it to catch on anything, but certainly not suitable to keep. I thought about just putting it in the vice, but then I had memories of push bike bits made of aluminum failing mid stroke.. :p

The leaver is about $50 so better safe then sorry.

Oh. but as for the bobbins. Well they look like *see attached*

They only annoy me when I'm looking at them, and after last night, well they ain't going anywhere. . And heck, replacing a rear brake leaver is better then, replacing a mirror, cowling, bar grips, indicators, crank case....

That link you posted way back is dead, but get some bobbins! :p

Attachments

bowie

.er... if indeed you were trying to decide back then if sliders were a good idea. :p

If not and I have missed the point. Well here I rest looking like a Muppet for all :p

Bert-Aus

Cheers for the photos,
The main question I was hoping to be answered there was if they were actually 'No Cut'.

Either way that post was from Jan 2013 & I ended up getting TRex sliders in April '13.

BTW nice cherry red!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2