Windshields???

fz6rwolf

Anyone aftermarket have a bit bigger shield?

mbridge51

Anyone aftermarket have a bit bigger shield?
Yamaha's website shows windshields available for the FZ6R. I just bought a black FZ6R and I'd like a little bigger windshield also. Here's what Yamaha's website says:

Raised Bubble Windscreen (Clear)

Made from high-quality, hard coated polycarbonate. The shape channels the flow of air over the rider, reducing the amount of air directed at the rider’s torso. 1" taller than stock windshield.

Clear
Fits ’09 FZ6R

36P-F83J0-U0-00 $69.95 [/COLOR]

C

cv_rider

Lots of us have big shields - great for comfort, awful for looking sexy. Many have CalSci, that makes shields that are 7, 9, or 11" taller than stock. I have the "+11." It hugely cuts down on wind blast making riding far less tiring. But they increase wind noise, as the turbulent air off the top of the shield hits at the helmet instead of your body. I put a Laminar Lip on top of the CalSci, and now I get pretty much no wind on my helmet at all.

Cee Bailey makes something similar to CalSci.

These fit the 07+ FZ6. If the FZ6R has a different windshield mounting configuration, it may not fit.

Johnfz6r

I am sure most of the fz stuff will not fit our bike I have spent several days just looking at what out there for the 6r and really other than whats on the yamaha website there isn't really anything out there. At the same time our bikes are 09's that are the first model so I am sure it will take a good bit for aftermarket support to start. I have the raised windshield from yamah there is a pic of it in the mod fz6r thread.

fz6rwolf

Yamaha's website shows windshields available for the FZ6R. I just bought a black FZ6R and I'd like a little bigger windshield also. Here's what Yamaha's website says:

Raised Bubble Windscreen (Clear)

Made from high-quality, hard coated polycarbonate. The shape channels the flow of air over the rider, reducing the amount of air directed at the rider’s torso. 1" taller than stock windshield.

Clear
Fits ’09 FZ6R

36P-F83J0-U0-00 $69.95 [/COLOR]
What I'm finding is alot of blast on the shoulders so looking for maybe inch or two wider also so not sure if fits the bill. I had looked at these on the Yami website but think I'll look around just a bit before trying these out. Thanks for the response though.

badongo

I was wondering about the same thing.

I am 6'4" and as soon as I start hitting 80mph it feels like some invisible force is trying to push me off the bike. If I could get that airflow to go over my shoulders that would make my rides so much more comfortable.

What options you guys recommend?

S

steveindenmark

This is getting as worn out as the oil thread.

If you look in "Search" for windscreen there is lots of threads.

To stop buffeting look at my "2006 windscreen mod" it works on all models and it works 100% to stop buffeting. Getting a higher screen will not necessarily stop buffeting, it depends on your height.

Getting a higher and higher screen IMO makes the bike start looking like those bloody ugly C whatever scooters from BMW. It is a sportsbike and I think it should look like one. The Puig DB is slightly higher than the stock and looks better but is not much better for stopping buffeting, for my height anyway. I am 5`9" tall.

Read the threads on "Windscreen" and you will get more information than you need.

Steve