White '09 FZ6R decal mod

diegoq26

Hey!,

I'm new at this forum and i wanted to start by posting up some pics of my bike. The quality of the images is not that good because i took it with my phone but it's all I've got xD.

I first started by removing the decals on the side fairings, and then -since i didn't want to paint the whole tank because of a sticker- i just covered it with a "wrapping" paper. All the decal mods made on the fairings have been hand crafted by me, it took some time and a LOT of patience lol. Hope you like them, the material is a 3M high quality carbon-fiber-look vinyl, let me know what you think ;).

P.S.: I think I posted the previews one under the wrong section.

looks slick your bike will have a twin this weekend. did you cut the carbon while it was on the bike? i planned on going the same direction.

Nice! Well this is actually my second, and last :D, trial. The first time i cut it before placing it on the bike, i don't recommend doing this though. It was such a hazard to lay it out on the bike perfectly (in order to continue the line of the tank) that it's not worth it, and i ended up having lots of wrinkles and stuff after. For that time i used a cheap $10 vinyl that doesn't have much flexibility and once in contact with the surface you can't remove it without screwing it up. Also, with the constant friction of my leg with the tank, it pealed off the paint on the vinyl. After learning my lesson, i made sure to get a textured (not painted) carbon fiber vinyl and i laid it out on the tank and trim it there very carefully with a sharp precision knife.

I'm posting some pics of the first time. On the second image you can see how the carbon fiber paint started to fall off (after 2 days of riding) and became gray/silver looking.

Hope this helps! good luck with your work, if you have more questions or doubts just let me know :thumbup:

Back