Where is everyone?

Elmojo

I don't mean where do you live, I mean where is all the traffic?
Are there really that few FZ6R riders?
I just bought this bike, and I'm quite surprised to find that there doesn't seem to be an active community for it.
This is the internet, there's a community for everything. :rolleyes::p
Does everyone hang out in a back room somewhere, and you have to be one of the cool kids to get an invite or something?

Just_Jim

It's the off-season. Give it a month or so and traffic should pick on here once people get their bikes back on the road after winter.

Elmojo

Oh, gotcha. I didn't think about that.
I assumed everyone would be working on and talking about their bikes throughout the winter. I know we always did in the other forums.
I'm glad to hear the FZ6Rs haven't been abandoned completely. :)

IthinkImFast

The FZ6R is pretty overshadowed by the R6, hence it only having one generation.

The upside however, is if its your first bike you can buy it cheap and sell it less cheap

Elmojo

Probably true, but I can't imagine why. For me, I have no use for an R6, but the FZ6R is deeply appealing. I love the light weight, upright seating position, and overall simplicity.
That being said, I really wanted a FZ6, I just couldn't find one in my area for a reasonable price. ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Elmojo

So basically you're telling me this forum is dying because people don't have many of these bikes?
That's too bad. I've been part of lots of model-specific groups in the past, and never seen one fade out like this. :/

Jerzee55

It is odd, as the KLR650 groups still go strong, and I can barely keep up with all of the FZ07 / MT07 group posts. The aftermarket parts for these bikes seems to have... dropped appreciably, but there are still lots around being ridden. They still require maintenance, repair, and some farkle from time to time. I hope people take the time to contribute.

Elmojo

That's kinda what I mean.
For example, the GS500 forums, a bike which hasn't been built in ages, is super active.
I really hope we can revive this group into a resource for the few FZ6R riders still out there. :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Jerzee55

True. Some of the images from those threads are no longer available as well, which can make it frustrating when reading how someone fixed something. Many 'farkle' parts links are gone, and the parts are no longer available. The Internet just moves on... ;)

Elmojo

Nah, it has it's up and downs, I've seen it have no posts for months, then surge... many good threads on here that answer a lot of the questions already, but some of it outdated for sourcing parts.
Always fun to see the "oil" and "tire" threads pop up :)
No doubt! I've learned a lot from browsing and searching those old threads. I do hope we see some new traffic soon. I have a few projects in the works for mine, and I plan to share them here. Maybe that'll get things moving a little bit.
I totally agree about what Jerzee55 said regarding the missing images. I tried to follow a couple of the older threads, and the missing images made it... challenging. I really prefer forums that self-host images, but I get that that can become expensive, and someone has to pay the bills. ;)

Elmojo

Welcome! Clean looking 6R. Is that factory paint and bodywork?
I haven't seen a white one around here. It seems that only the blue and black ones were sold in this area, or at least those are all I've seen.
Mine will be a streetfighter-type when I'm done with it. I intend to paint it a low-sheen medium gray with neon yellow highlights.

Justinfr2012

Welcome! Clean looking 6R. Is that factory paint and bodywork?
I haven't seen a white one around here. It seems that only the blue and black ones were sold in this area, or at least those are all I've seen.
Mine will be a streetfighter-type when I'm done with it. I intend to paint it a low-sheen medium gray with neon yellow highlights.
That’s all factory paint. I get so many compliments on the color but things about changing it up as the right front fairing is kinda scratched from previous owner. Bike was bought out in Cali and brought back to the Midwest last season and was all factory till I got ahold of it. Need a updated picture though

Justinfr2012

We'll look forward to seeing what you've done (or will do) to it! :)
I have already put a delkevic exhaust, moto Dynamics integrated rear brake light and flush front turns and a rear tail delete kit. And now looking for maybe mirrors wanna get rid of stock but don’t like how the aftermarkets block your view

Elmojo

What does the integrated tail light do? That looks a lot like mine, and as far as I know, mine is stock.
As for mirrors, I bought a set of bar ends from Amazon, and turned down the factory end weights on my lathe to allow me to clamp-mount them outboard.
I get great visibility, no vibration, and they look better than stock, or at least I think so.
Here's my little write-up if you want to see how they came out.