What is this part?

TN6R

Hey guys, I had to remove this part and then put it back on (the part my finger is touching). What is that? I hope it was just a simple pull off and put back on piece and not some 'handle with care' kinda piece. Please let me know.
8BB397A8-559E-48CD-AAB8-3B010676EA19.jpg

MrFrzZ

Hey guys, I had to remove this part and then put it back on (the part my finger is touching). What is that? I hope it was just a simple pull off and put back on piece and not some 'handle with care' kinda piece. Please let me know.
View attachment 39894
If I'm not mistaken, thats the clutch linkage.... Keep an eye on it and give the clutch a squeeze... you should see that actuate back and forth....

Just out of curiosity? Why'd you have to remove it?

TN6R

I had to loosen that part and pull it out about 1/2 an inch so I could remove the front sprocket with the chain around it because I didn't want to break my chain in order to upgrade the sprocket. If that piece didn't come off I wouldn't have had enough clearance because the chain links were hitting it with it fully attached. I kinda thought it might be like a distributor on a car and need to be reinstalled in a precise way but being the clutch linkage like you said, which I saw it was and then was able to switch all gears normally (thanks for the tip). I think I'm good now.

TN6R

good deal! what sprocket did you go with?
I went with a Driven Racing 15 tooth steel sprocket. It was pretty easy to swap out and gives a nice kick to lower rpm torque. Definitely glad I did it. I also did the 3 degree advanced timing mod so with both of those combined, it gets up pretty good now. Good bank for the buck mods.

FCBDF2F3-E7A0-415F-9168-AD68C44F97FE.jpg

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member