what happens with the 02 sensor with tbr exhaust fz6r

dcBear78

what happens to the 02 sensor when u install a tbr exhaust
Get's tucked away. Although I appear to be the only one on here who has come across a problem with it. It has set off my engine warning light. But, nobody (Aussies) else on here has the same problem.

peterstoker

solution!

my mate from work got a tbr exhaust for his fz6r not so long ago and he payed someone to drill a thread in his tbr in the exact same place it was in the original and screwed it in, not a problem at all. think it cost him under $100 well worth the hassel i say, not sure where he took it thought but couldnt be too hard to find someone, just take the old exhaust with the new tbr and match the thread and whole!

pilninggas

don't just tuck the oxygen sensor away - they are heated and get very, very hot. Also they are sensitive to environmental poisoning, easier to disconnect and take off; unless you go down the better route, noted above and get a lambda boss welded on. The sensor should be mounted at least horizontal or better slightly downward to stop condensation forming in the sensing nernst cell and destroying it.

What ever you do, be aware the sensor is the mini form-factor and they are not off the shelf at your local auto-factor, unlike the standard form-factor sensors.

Mitch21

So does the O2 sensor still have any purpose if you have tb exhaust and a juice box or PCV? Or does the PCV override it and you could just take it away.

Y

yellowfz

So does the O2 sensor still have any purpose if you have tb exhaust and a juice box or PCV? Or does the PCV override it and you could just take it away.
Wonder if in the limited FZ6R computer there is a OL )open loop) or CL )closed loop) mode ?
CL uses O2 to keep a stoich )14.7 AFR) fuel trim and OL uses other MAPs and sensors without O2 input ?