What did you do to your bike today?

MrFrzZ

Can’t wait to see the next vid!

Please remember to eventually do one on the subjects of your crash, and street avoidance, strategy, defensive tactics, etc... what we talked about in those posts when I saw my friends minor crash, but still terrifying to see. You are very credible on those subjects!
Will do - Although I'm not sure I wanna know everything there is to know about crashing. :p haha
I'm actually enrolled in an advanced safety course this saturday with my wife as long as the weather permits.

Ordered a spare rotor (for the timing mod), 15t sprocket, oil case cover gasket, chain alignment tool, and spools for the swingarm. Excited for the next couple weeks :D
Are you drilling and tapping the Swingarm? Or did TRex Racing come through with a set??
-BTW - You aint got time to fumlbin around with that engine - you got a backside to fabricate. :D

Last edited:

TexanFZ6R

Will do - Although I'm not sure I wanna know everything there is to know about crashing. :p haha
I'm actually enrolled in an advanced safety course this saturday with my wife as long as the weather permits.

Are you drilling and tapping the Swingarm? Or did TRex Racing come through with a set??
-BTW - You aint got time to fumlbin around with that engine - you got a backside to fabricate. :D
Yeah I plan to drill and tap all the way through each side, get a blt long enough to go all the way through, and add a lock nut on the inside. I wasn't paying $70 bucks for (imo) ugly Trex sliders. I paid $10 shipped for some black ones on amazon.

I've got the rear end sitting in the shop... being reevaluated lol! I hit a snag and I'm not sure how to proceed without modifying the frame in some way. I saw this coming, didn't want to accept it until it was too late haha! I'm still working on it though

MrFrzZ

Yeah I plan to drill and tap all the way through each side, get a blt long enough to go all the way through, and add a lock nut on the inside. I wasn't paying $70 bucks for (imo) ugly Trex sliders. I paid $10 shipped for some black ones on amazon.

I've got the rear end sitting in the shop... being reevaluated lol! I hit a snag and I'm not sure how to proceed without modifying the frame in some way. I saw this coming, didn't want to accept it until it was too late haha! I'm still working on it though
I can understand that about the spools. Is there room to clear the chain if you welded a threaded boss on the bottom of the swingarm? These are how my wife's ninja came from the factory. It was a nice touch and something I wish yammie would have thrown in... But again... Idk what the clearance looks like on the drive side.

TexanFZ6R

I can understand that about the spools. Is there room to clear the chain if you welded a threaded boss on the bottom of the swingarm? These are how my wife's ninja came from the factory. It was a nice touch and something I wish yammie would have thrown in... But again... Idk what the clearance looks like on the drive side.
I have no idea lol. My welder is down anyways so I wouldn't be able to do it myself

rcsmith0109

Hey. New to posting but viewing the forum for tips and tutorials on the FZ6R. Great site! Been tinkering with my 16' FZ6R ovee tje last month since i bought it in January. Put on fender eliminator, led winker turn signals, motodynamic smoked taillight, led headlight,zx6r mirrors, powergrip tank protector, and decals. Still need to tint windscreen and look into exhaust options.20180408_161835.jpg

Fabes_movin

Not today but over the past week:
  • installed Denali SOund Bomb
  • Installed custom fairings
  • repainted the tank
  • added Blue Rim Tape
  • Put new Air Filter K&N of course
  • Attached USB
  • Feather Weight Lithium battery (3lbs OMG)
  • Painted Subframe
Lastly Cried because it was supposed to be done over 4 days. Also learned Harbor Freight is my TARTGET

Jason M

Maintenance Day!

Set the chain tension, then cleaned and lubed it.

Then pulled and repacked the 2 Bros. Really needed it but didn't help the volume as much as I hoped.

IMG_1249.jpgIMG_1257.jpgIMG_1260.jpg

Milos

Put the bike in a false neutral for the first time ,scared the balls off me ,thought that the transmission exploded and she was done for
Turns out I didn't do any damage to it and she runs just fine.