Throttle diagnostics

Stevengr91

So i was talking with a friend of mine who has been riding an r1 for years and he was trying to explain something to me.... that i need to go into my diagnostics and open the throttle position to a higher percentage? Does anyone have any info on this or heard of it.

Sheldon259

Just did that mod 5 minutes ago. With the key and engine button off, hold the Reset and Select button down then turn the key on. Keep holding them until "d1" appears on the screen then release. Then hold both buttons again until d:01 appears. It'll show your idling throttle % to the right. Twist the throttle wide open and it'll give you your max throttle %

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Stevengr91

Did you change anything on it? Did you set it to a specific percentage? Any damage that can be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheldon259

I used a dremel to grind a groove into the throttle plate. Here's a picture I took after it was finished. Notice the round groove cut by the throttle cable. Remove your left fairing and a steel cover to reveal the throttle plate. When you twist the throttle open you'll see where it's hitting the stopper. If you do it just take your time and do small amounts at a time, periodically checking the gauge to see what your WOT % is.

Sheldon259

I was getting 91% before the mod. Now I have an exact 100% as shown in the picture. Haven't tried it out yet though. I'll have to wait for the snow to melt lol

Stevengr91

Ohhh okay yea i gotcha. I was under the impression you change the percentage on the diagnostics like a computer wich made no sense to me. Looks pretty simple and straight forward. Might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk