The Interceptor is Back!

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited:

BIG O

There are other bikes that are just as heavy and slow to waste money on.

Then agian, you wouldn't get the boring paint job :D

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

buzz why not get a nice used one? I was at a dealer in NC not too far from you recently and they had 2 from trade-ins. I asked salesmen about em and immediately got they've been there a while and someone can get a great deal = ie. they want to move em.

like said, they are not flashy and a bit heavy but very underrated. and it's the rider not the bike. for the street they more practical than most others.

I don't mind the no graphics/all solid color at all, however the red/white/blue is nice

Honda Trots Out New VFR800F: 22 Pounds Lighter and More Power « MotorcycleDaily.com

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

no magazine links allowed?

BTW what is up w/not being able to link to magazine articles? dont recall last time done if ever, would assume during the past x years it was ok and now it's changed? :mad:

BIG O

Yeah, back in the day the interceptor was the shiznit.

I do like the retro paint scheme on the new one :cool:

For those of us old enough to remember the original :D

xb_guy

Yes they are. Took a ride a couple weeks ago with a friend (die hard Honda guy currently has a "new" CB1100) up to Russellville to see one. They are the only dealer in our area that had one in stock.

Damn when I saw the press info if I didn't say "I'd have to get a deluxe in white". So we arrive and guess what they have. :D:D:D

It didn't follow me home (the FZ6R is paid for), but it really wanted to. Simply stunning bike in person. If I were in the market right now it would definitely be on the short list...

pkoko

I will probably get killed for saying this but get any Japanese supersport. Change the seat and buy handlebar risers. You get the same thing as the interceptor except it is faster, lighter and turns better for less $$$.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

From riding my brothers 2014 VFR, which was only a week old, last week my feeling from it was
Yes it was exceptionally balanced, had some pep about, the weight of the bike was non-existent in how it handled. Plus all the stock extras are amazing.

However, however, however I got the feeling that if my wife knew what bikes felt like to ride,
that she would have chosen the VFR for my new bike following my accident.
As the bike feels very safe to ride, and in saying that I felt that my XJ6S was a safe ride.

To which end I found myself riding at dangerous levels for fun!?!

IMO I like the VFR but it kind of felt like riding something that made you feel like you were wrapped in bubble wrap???

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Yep exactly!

My Suzi2 is an untamed mustang that I have to respect,
but she gets to unleash her thirst for POWER-ARGH in tempered bursts

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

buzzbomb