The Dragon!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

danieljardim

OK. It's raw video of about five minutes on the Dragon. It's my first run, but after my near-death experience.

You'll recognize the high gear. I'm nearly bogging her out. That's on purpose. After my close call, I wanted the engine braking the lower gear gives. You'll notice a couple turns where it comes into play.

There's one turn, where you see Killboy's sign (at about 43s) and you'll here a loud scrape. That's my kickstand. Keep in mind, this is after I determined to slow the "F" down.

The original video is in 1080p shot from the GoPro2. It's a very wide angle lens. What that means is that the turns are actually way tighter than they appear, (believe it or not).

This video is in what Youtube considers HQ. It took an hour plus to upload and nearly that to convert. The HD video will take about 4.5 hours to upload. I don't plan to do so, unless enough people want to see it full screen and hi def.

Now that I've figured it out, I've lots of video to upload from that run. It takes a long time to convert from the raw MP4 to something Youtube will recognize. Lots more time to upload it.

If the resolution is acceptable, for those who care to watch, I'll be able to get more posted, much faster. Otherwise? I'll post the HD, but the remaining videos will not happen soon.

If you are someone who has an opinion, then let me know your thoughts. Otherwise? Please enjoy this five minutes of fun!

Dragon1 - YouTube
HA.... I spotted a DIAVEL on the first second of the video coming on the other side.

Nice vid. I gotta start to use mine.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

rhnatyk

Jeez man, you scared the sh*t out of me at 1:18 ... thought for sure you were going off the side of the road. To me, this kind of road just isn't fun at all. Too slow ... too dangerous. A track day would be a better option.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

BKP

Jeez man, you scared the sh*t out of me at 1:18 ... thought for sure you were going off the side of the road. To me, this kind of road just isn't fun at all. Too slow ... too dangerous. A track day would be a better option.
I was thinking exactly the same about 1:18. Right on the lip of the shoulder there, Buzz...

Good vid! Road like that should be set to funeral dirge music... Nice run, though. Was this a first time on the Dragon?

(Sure you don't want to make that one of our longer road trips, rhnatyk? I plan on heading up there sometime in June).

RoadTrip

I see a tight road like this as a challenge, if you are lucky you ride it many times in your life through the years, each time improving. To me it is more of an exercise in control, getting the bike to run smooth, flicking and picking up the throttle off the bottom without upsetting it.

I have a couple of roads like this in my area, the point is not see how fast you can go, but buttery flicks and lean angles, with confidence and bodily stamina to run it smooth. I wouldn't want all my rides on roads like this, but its a big part of street sport riding for sure, and one of the most rewarding when you get it right.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

RoadTrip

Okay, maybe 'I have a few turns that resemble the dragons 130+ turns', ha ha. I really want to visit that area, and it does seem a travesty not to go at least once in a lifetime, but thats a pretty long ride from Texas, still dreaming of a way to do it - honestly, a once a week 5-6 hr ride is tough enough for me as it is, I can't imagine riding all the way there, doing those roads, then riding all the way back - and a trailer just seems wrong.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Crpngdth

not to be a nit picker, but i can definitely tell that part of the problem is you arent setting yourself up for the turns correctly. you spend too much time in the middle of the lane on turns instead of getting outside early, and then when you do, you only take it to the middle of the lane. eyes and head should be up looking into the next turn as your finishing one and getting proper lane position for it. just my 2 cents, but it looks fun as hell. hope you had a great time.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

FastFreddy

Good vid, looks like a great road for riding.
Keep it steady for the first time there and save some fun for the decreasing radius turns.
You'd be ticking out a good rhythm if you rode there frequently.

buzzbomb

Elite Member