Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tatty2012

View attachment 28552

Finally got both levers on, had to file the part of the lever that has the hole in it for the screw. It's raised on both sides around the hole and was too tight. Now it works great.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
That's weird that you had to file some off on the levers, mine went on just fine.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

JimmyC

By The Way Pledge makes a Great all Surface Cleaner in a blue bottle works great on the Bike....

Any way just finally got around to installing my Shorty levers...My first impressions upon open the package was that they could have buffed them better prior to Anodizing to remove tool marks...But for under $40.00 and made in China what can you expect...over all great bang for the buck.

so far it was a easy install everything went in as expected. It will be interesting to see if they Fade over time, my levers are Black with the Red adjusters. But so far I am Happy with These Levers!!:)

JimmyD

2wheeels levers

Read your post on the2wheels and couldn't believe the price. I bought a pair and installed them and they're great; Many Thanks! for the referral. A real deal at $35; Yamaha's color levers are $106 each, can you believe?:)

mblue0122

Don't really put much of anything on here, but I did want to say thanks to the tip about filing some off of the brake lever. I installed these levers last night and I thought all was well. When I left for work in the morning I noticed that my brake light was still on. It of course went off when I tapped the brake lever forward, but I had to repeat that for the trip to and from work. When I got home I took a small file and shaved some off. Also used lithium grease, which helped a lot. All is working as it should now, so thanks again.

MikeRides

What's going on?

Alright I'm usually a mechanically inclined person and these seem very straightforward, but clearly I'm missing something.

I bought these and installed them quickly, forgetting to transfer the stock bushing for the clutch lever. I rode it a bit, and something was obviously wrong because it would just barely go in gear and if I opened the throttle up it would actually slip out of gear. After realizing I left out the bushing, I took the shorty lever off but now for the life of me I can't fit the bushing back in. It fits into the hole in the new lever perfectly, but the bushing is just slightly longer than the hole in the lever, and with the bushing in I absolutely cannot fit the lever in place - I can't even fit the bushing by itself into its original place. Everyone's talking about how quick and easy these were to install - what am I missing???