Stripped Rear End

stroke

So I had The Evo Tech FE installed and It was still to bulky for me.. I did a lil "rear cleaning" if you will, and i think it looks much better.. I installed new blinkers and a new tag location.. The picture on the left is with the FE and the Pics on the right is the one I came up with... Let me know what yall think!

Attachments

stroke

the third pic is my favorite.. the blinkers are installed as you can see in the second pic right behind the icon decal on my left and right tail fender... they are bright as can be and can clearly be seen from behind day and night... the tag is not done yet i have to really install it... the tag lights are the coolest though they shoot down at the tag from where the FE was installed before.. so at night everything is lit up and legit! really cool upgrade from the FE's out there! IMO

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks really good!! :thumbup: I like the signals integrated into the tail fairings.

Keep up the good work!

cbzdel

Looks good! I would install something like that but I am waiting for an integrated tail light system to come out..

MNDZA

Looks clean, but visibility is definitely down from before. If someone is not directly behind you, they cannot see both blinkers.

stroke

you can see both light from behind especially from about 5-10 feet back the way their rolled up closer to the end of the bike when they blink you can see from the side and the back, and since their not led lights there is no blink resistor needed so the lights dont blink like theres one out

oyamyers

What did you use for the tag light? I did something simular to what you did (see Rear Flush mounts post under mods section) I have everything put together except the tag light.

JonKerr

Elite Member

stroke

What did you use for the tag light? I did something simular to what you did (see Rear Flush mounts post under mods section) I have everything put together except the tag light.
i used two single white led lights fixed where the FE used to be bolted they point straight at the tag lighting it up realy well

oyamyers

i used two single white led lights fixed where the FE used to be bolted they point straight at the tag lighting it up realy well
Thanks, I was doing some searching online yesterday and found some tag bolts with LEDs in them. I ordered them and will post pics when I get them installed.

Senaca

Looks great. Wish it was legal to have something that clean in California. I guess they're pretty strict here. I've heard of guys getting fix it tickets for the dumbest crap. Their rear turn signals being too close together, (they have to be 9" apart) plate position etc... I read something about the plate having to be even with, or extended beyond the rear axle and it can't be angled the way you have it. Integrated rear tail lights are a no no too I guess. :confused:
+1. Looks great, but instant MOT failure + ticket here in ON. Pretty much all the above applies here as well.:(

RZ350 Rider

When I installed my Evo Tech tail tidy kit I reversed the small plate mounting brackets, left side to right side, and pointed them straight down instead of out to the sides) and used the BOTTOM holes of the plate to mount the plate to the brackets. I also put (before running the wires!) a 1/8" thick black plastic washer under the plate LED that I cut a flat on the bottom of. My plate now sits under the tag light on top. It goes under the plate light about 3/16" to hold it on top while the bolts on the bottom hold it tight. It moved the plate up a considerable amount over using the top holes to mount the plate. It might be easy to do for you guys that already mounted the kit. My plate now sits so high the blinkers are about in the center of my license plate.

edited to make it more understandable

Last edited:

MNDZA

I reversed the small plate mounting brackets, left side to right side, and pointed them straight down instead of out to the sides) and used the BOTTOM holes of the plate to mount the plate to the brackets.
OH that's a great idea....I'm gonna try and do that when I get home. Thanks!

RZ350 Rider

OH that's a great idea....I'm gonna try and do that when I get home. Thanks!
No problem! It really makes a big difference in the looks. The washer that I put under the Plate LED I made from a small Futaba RC servo wheel, I filed off the servo mounting bosses and drilled out the center for the light stud. And like I said in the previous post, I clipped off the edge to make a flat for the plate to rest against. The plate top edge gets held pretty securely by the LED. If I had a camera I'd post pics, maybe you could post what yours looks like after your mod:D

Last edited:

RZ350 Rider

MNDZA, Did you notice that I had a case of brainfade about reversing the small additional plate brackets? DOH! I was looking at them from the front, without the whole entire bracket being mounted to the bike. They are on the sides they were designed for. All the rest of the posts were correct. Sorry if it caused you any grief. I stand available for the ass whooping.