Service schedule for 2009 FZ6R

fazer1

Is there any routine/preventive maintenance recommended on the engine for an fz6r? I probably have around 28k on my bike and to the best of my knowledge it probably hasn't had any sort of valve adjustments or anything like that. What's recommended for this bike for service of that type? I do oil myself, have redone the front forks and seals and rear shock, but nothing to the engine aside from the oil changes.

If this is listed somewhere else and I overlooked it, please drop me the link. Thanks.

TexanFZ6R

I believe valve adjustment is due at 26000 miles. Beyond that, I just know oil every 4000 and plugs every 8000 (which reminds me, I'm about 4000 overdue lol). The rest can be found in the manual which can be downloaded as a pdf online.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

TN6R

The official owners manual is available for free online. Just go to Yamaha's website and look at the links on the bottom of the page for it. It lists all the maintenance intervals and what is supposed to be done on each. The service manual is around $90 brand new and worth the investment in my opinion, though. It not only gives you the outline in the owners manual, but detailed and well-illustrated instructions on doing everything yourself. Even if half of it looks complicated enough you'd rather have a shop do it, it still gives you more than enough to know when a shop is trying to rook you.
^^ Yep. You can get it free and there is a maintenance schedule you should use for safety if anything.