Scraping the Kickstand Sucks!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Gixerhp

As buzzbomb alluded to, if she's scraping pegs and other hardware, then rather than modify the bike, she should learn proper form. The reason he, and anyone, could scrape the kickstand is because he wasn't anywhere close to proper form while going faster on a public street than is safe. That was the whole point of the OP, which you apparently completely missed.

I challenge you, or anyone, to lean your bike over by hand with help, while stopped of course, until the kickstand touches and then look at where your tires are contacting the ground. You won't have much, if any, room to make an adjustment in the corner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
She dragged on The Dragon, and i was right behind here, there was nothing wrong with her form or cornering ability.
The kickstand does drag, and i rode the bike after, and was able to duplicate the the scenario.

BoneJj

She dragged on The Dragon, and i was right behind here, there was nothing wrong with her form or cornering ability.
The kickstand does drag, and i rode the bike after, and was able to duplicate the the scenario.
sorry bud, but you're doing it wrong and so is she.

If she's getting the bike over that far she's certainly far past proper wheel angle. Not trying to be a Dbag about it but the bike was designed the way it is for a reason. If she's not learning off the side on a tight turn and keeping the bike up higher so that it doesn't drag then she's doing it wrong.

If you have some trailing video of her taking said corners that she's scraping on then there would be something to look at and really get the discussion going but right off the bat it really does read as bad form that is causing her to drag the side of the bike.

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited: