Scorpion EXO T1200

Anybody have any experience with the Scorpion EXO T1200? I was just about to grab an EXO 1100 on sale, and then I discovered that Scorpion now has the T1200 which fixes many of the "nits" on the EXO 1100.

Experiences, opinions?

Anybody have any experience with the Scorpion EXO T1200? I was just about to grab an EXO 1100 on sale, and then I discovered that Scorpion now has the T1200 which fixes many of the "nits" on the EXO 1100.

Experiences, opinions?
Just remember to order a size larger. Scorpions are notoriously cut small and that always seems to be a major complaint with them.
I've owned several of their helmets -fit and finish is excellent so long as you get the right size.

Thanks mambopalace. I saw a review on Revzilla where they said that Scorpion fixed the sizing issues in the new T1200, so that it should match the true sizing. I'll probably be ordering one in the next couple months, and will post my experiences when I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ksanbon

I bought one today to replace my RF-1100. I rode 110 miles south to Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura (closest dealer that stocks Scorpion) to try it on. It was a great day - 70+ degrees, open road over San Marcos Pass, and 25 miles along the coast, then back.

I wanted a plain black one, but they only had the black Freeway model in size medium at $30 more. After wearing in the showroom for 20 minutes, I knew I wanted one and ended up buying it when he offered to knock $25 off (it never hurts to ask). I probably could have saved more, but I really liked the atmosphere in the dealership.

Static Impressions
It's unbelievably light! It passed the DOT requirements, but isn't Snell rated because of the retractable sun visor (great invention!).
Quality seems high - fit + finish and feel of the moving parts is on par w/ Shoei.
Sizing (medium) is consistent with Shoei, but fit seems to be made for slightly rounder heads.
I found it to be very comfortable. The liner seems softer, but not necessarily better than the RF-1100.

Riding Impressions
It's quieter than the RF-1100, especially regarding low-frequency wind noise from turbulence. I think it's a result from Scorpion's designing the base pads to better seal the bottom of the helmet. There's a little bit of whistling from the top of the helmet that wasn't affected by open vs closed vents. One interesting note is that it's quieter when my head is slightly tucked (riding in the traditional supersport position), something that was consistent even when I moved up or down behind my windscreen.
Aerodynamically, I couldn't feel any difference in turbulence between the helmets in cross-wind or during head turns, but it doesn't mean there aren't any. Conditions were constantly changing.
The lighter weight is the biggest selling point for me because (I think) it helped alleviate some of the strain on my neck and inner shoulder muscles. I felt a lot better coming home than I did going south. Admittedly, the excitement of having a new helmet might have contributed to the feeling, but time will tell.
Finally, 20 minutes isn't long enough to check a helmet for fit because I started to feel a pressure point on my forehead after 45 minutes on the road. I'll replace the pad with a thinner one if it doesn't go away after a break-in period.

5 Stars

Here's Revzilla's link Scorpion EXO-T1200 Freeway Helmet - RevZilla

Last edited: