Reminder to keep it real on those tight back roads...

BKP

I was re-reminded this afternoon how important it is to stay attentive, even on familiar roads...

I take this road almost daily coming out of my neighborhood... mainly because it's just a fun little twisty... So, I typically jam it (which is foolish on multiple accounts, because if you screw up, there's a good chance you'll end up in the Chattahoochee river 50 feet down; not to mention all the critters running around back here)...

Almost got intimate with one today (@ 30 seconds... watch the speedo crash).

Actually tough to see unless you go to full screen...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3zKvpV1g8"]Doe on Hooch Twisty - YouTube[/ame]

(These things *never* show as close as they actually are...)

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Great reminder BKP, also watch out for loose gravel. It's the road repair season.:eek:

Pinarello Rider

Nice music choice. :)

Yes - those deer can be scary when you sneak up on them.

D52

They are everywhere in my area as well. Glad to see the one in your encounter stayed out of your way. I also have a bit of a twisty road nearby that I travel frequently and had one jump out in front of me two weeks after I purchased my bike. Slowed and swerved as best I could, but still clipped its head, hitting my turn signal, faring, and my leg. I will say it's amazing what goes through your head in less than two seconds... I knew I was going too fast to stop completely in time. I knew there was a gravel driveway off the right side of the road that I wanted to avoid (it was getting dark, but I knew it was there from memory) and a small upcoming hill that prevented me from seeing if there was any oncoming traffic in the left lane, so didn't want to swerve that way. I was able to fix most of the damage and I myself am fine. Bike still has a couple small scratches, but could have ended much differently, so I'm not complaining. :D Everyone be safe out there... especially near dusk!