Rapid Transit Recon 19 Magnetic Tank Bag

ajcatx

Does anyone have or use the Rapid Transit Recon 19 Magnetic Tank Bag. Its gotten great reviews just cannot find one locally to see how it looks on the bike. I really like all the options it has just don't want a huge bag on my tank. If you have one can you post pics please.

arkkornkid

Another Happy Customer :: New Enough

Newenough has a pic of it on what looks like an FZ6..... doesn't look like the fit is all that great, but then again it's on backwards. If you get a chance to try it out, be sure to update us. I think the big hump on our tank hinders alot of bags fitting right.... but you never know till you actually try it on the bike.

I know I had to buy a new one (Icon Primer) because the one I had for my last bike (Cortech mini) didn't fit right at all.

Does look like an awesome bag, the hydration system would be nice. But if it's just a need to carry that much stuff my tail bag gets put into use.

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bjpinub

i have a Joe Rocket Manta the smaller version and it fits pretty well. I'll take some pics with it on the bike tomorrow.
If you could get some pictures, that would be wonderful. I have been thinking about getting one of the Manta tank bags, and pictures would make or break my decision.

Also, for anyone out there who doesn't use bags (tank, tail, or saddle or backpacks), how do most of you keep track of your documents (registration, insurance card, etc.)? I currently just keep them in my jacket, but if I put the liner in or take it out, I have to move the documents to another pocket. I would like to keep them with the bike, but the space under the seat seems too small and not waterproof. Any ideas?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

Kleinfalls

I got a small ICON tank bag - not sure which one - about $50 - it has the magnets in a cross formation - smallish - not real big - but fits great and holds enough to be functional - maybe 12 x 10 x 5 - something like that - i will try to post a pic later

MikeN02

That thing is crazy big. Talk about hindering your upper body doing any kind of aggressive riding. If I need to carry anything bigger than what I can fit in my pockets, I just wear a back pack. My Camelback holds 4 bottles of water and has room for me to put a sweatshirt or jacket liner in as well as pretty much anything else I can imagine needing without having to have an ugly ass bag on my tank or hanging off the tail of the bike. A hell of a lot cheaper too.
True that, I don't like the look of the bike with all the bags on it...

And I have my vehicle registration and emergency contact number in a plastic zip lock bag underneath my seat.

redshlrt

Wow I ordered that bag (Recon 19) online sight-unseen and I may regret it. Should be here Monday and I will throw up some pics with it mounted correctly.

Last edited:

ajcatx

Bags

Ya I am not a fan of a big mound of bag in front of me...I like the Joe Rocket mantra my girlfriend has one on her fz6r. Its kinda small but i am leaning more to it.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

arkkornkid

That's the same Cortech one I have, but didn't seem to fit well enough for me..... i dunno... maybe I'll give it another try before I decide whether to sell it or not.

The Icon Primer bag I got is a little bit bigger, so I can carry a good amount now. I'll throw a pic up in a little while.

arkkornkid

here we go:

Capable of holding quite a bit of stuff: Right now it has 2 sets of glasses (1 pair in a case), 2 pairs of gloves, a rag and the backpack straps that came with it. Still has tons of room... I've stuffed quite a bit more in there for the ride to and from work.

bmw675

True that, I don't like the look of the bike with all the bags on it...

And I have my vehicle registration and emergency contact number in a plastic zip lock bag underneath my seat.
i have my reg and insurance in a ziplock inside the tool bag. but good call on the emergency contact number. i need to get that in there pronto!

I wear a back pack! Looks better than a tank bag! Thats is just my opinion though!